Cassian x Male!Reader

Keys:
H/L (Hair length)
H/c (Hair color)
Y/n (your name)
Y/m/n (your middle name)
Y/l/n (your last name)
Y/s/l/n (your second last name, e.g. If you usually use your father's last name, then your mother's maiden name goes here. Same thing vice versa. If you don't have a second last name, then just leave it blank.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I strolled through the halls of the High Lord's town house in Velaris, trying for a casual gait and failing. Years after the war with Hybern, 10 years to be exact, the High Lord of the Night Court had summoned all his subjects to a celebration of 10 years of freedom. The festival was amazing. Every High Lord had come, and it really gave light to how beautiful Velaris could become when everybody was happy.

You were the representative from the Autumn Court. High Lord Eris (his father had died suspiciously of poison 3 years after the war with Hybern) had decided it was time to mend ties with the Night Court. It was, you thought, a smart move. The Night Court's inner circle was full of powerful fae, the High Lord and his mate among the most powerful of the continent. If they wanted to attack, none of the courts save the Winter Court could withstand.

And Eris had a family now. A wife and 3 children. They were happy. High Lord Ryhsand also had a child with his mate, one girl, named Nalia. But enough about the courts.

While you were sitting in the back of the festival, at a small table with a small cup of wine, watching the festivities, a male slid into the seat on the other side of the table.
You recognized him as the High Lord's Illyrian general, Cassian.

And, despite the fact that you were the Autumn Court's ambassador, you had zero social skills.

"Velaris is quite pretty at night, isn't it?"

Cassian asked smoothly. Lucky you. You didn't need to say something first.

"It is. I don't believe I've ever seen such s beautiful sight."

Cassian grinned, and you felt your heart skip a beat. You mentally scolded yourself. You didn't need to go through a heartbreak. As a male, the majority expects you to be attracted to females. That wasn't the case for you. Life was hard when you were attracted to males and were one. And it wasn't any easier when you were surrounded 24/7 by beautiful males.

Cassian gestured to your clothing. As the envoy from the Autumn Court, you were required to wear their colors. Thus the dark red pants, dark orange inner, and red jacket with gold, green, and black patterns tracing the edge of the sleeves and pants.

"From the Autumn Court, I assume?"

You nodded.

"My name is Y/n M/n L/n S/L/n. And you are Cassian, the Night Court's Illyrian general?"

Cassian raised a brow.

"That's a rather long name. And yes. But didn't you know that already?"

"I did, but I just wanted to make sure."

The dark haired male looked at you thoughtfully.

"Have we met before?"

"Huh?"

You had hoped he had forgotten. 5 years ago, you were out gathering herbs, not far from your small cottage in the woods, when you heard the sound of hoofbeats. Curious, you placed the herbs you had in your hands into the basket you were carrying, and stood up. Not a moment later, three horses came rushing out of trees, the one in front stopping the minute the rider saw you.