Chapter 2

"Oh how cute. Noah is home! You two make me sick." My little brother Matthew came down the stairs and started to make himself a sandwich.

"You may say that now, Matt, but in five short years you will be in our position. And I know for a fact that you are dying to see Evelyn again." I said with a smirk.

"I am not! I am dying to play sports, and she's the only girl I know that play them better than all of the guys."

"Plus you're paired with her so, that helps things in retrospect." I gave a knowing smile.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" Blush was creeping up Matthew's cheeks.

""Meaning that you are already in love with her,so its good that you're paired." I ran out the door before he could kick Mr. Matt has such a crush on Evelyn, but he won't admit it.

I got on my bike and started peddling to Noah's house. No one gets a car until they turn 25, and even then you don't get your own car, but share it with your One. This decreases the amount of pollution and car crashes. Car crashes would be terrible at any rate, but especially for those not yet 25. Every couple needs to have their first child by the time they turn 25. If they don't, then the couple has to fill out paper work to be a 'non child-bearing' couple. If someone dies before they turn 25, then any chance of either one to have children would be lost.

When I get to Noah's house, his mother Tammy is walking out the front door.

"Oh, hello Sarah! I was just about to pick up some pizza for Noah's return home. Do you want to stay for dinner?"

"That would be great, Tammy. Thanks." I am close enough to her that if I call her Mrs. parks she will scold me, saying that "I offend her by calling her Mrs. Parks. Aren't we closer than that?"

I go up to the front door, walking in because I feel so at home. I quietly go up to Noah's room, and see him sitting on his bed.

***

The first time i was in this room I was so nervous, wanting to make this boy happy. I knew that we were already friends , but I knew that I had to get Noah to like me as more. Even at a young age, I knew that the growing years were most important for forming a relationship with your One. As the name says, you only get one person to be paired with. If someone does not get along with their One, then both are deemed unfit for mairrage and therefore became a single. I did not want this to happen at all.

So I had asked Noah: "What do u want to play with? I don't care, you can decide." I smiled my biggest smile.

"Well my mommy said I have to let you decide so, you can decide."

"No I don't care. Don't worry, i won't tell your mommy." His face lit up, and I could tell that we would be okay.

***

Noah looked up and grinned to impress. "Well hello Sarah. I assumed you had given up on coming over. I wanted a whole 20 minutes and you never showed up."

I didn't skip a beat. " you know what, you're right. I'm unfit to be your wife. You should just apply for singleness."

A serious look came over Noah's face. "I would never do that. I will never leave you, not even if you leave me." I laughed.

"Noah you especially know that I would never do that. Stop being so serious!"

He got off his bed and walked up to me. "You're right. Plus, the more we talk about this, the less time I have to kiss you."

The kiss started slow at first, lingering on each other's lips in order to savor the moment. But then passion came in, the kiss becoming more wanting, more needing. Two months is a long time to make up for.

Just as I became worried I would have to stop before we went to far, we heard his mother come through the front door.

"Kids! It's time for pizza!" I heard Noah's little sister, Chloe, run down the stairs, a short girl with long blonde hair. Chloe.is only 4, so she is just now going through the selection process.

When noah and I got to the dinner table, I snuck up behind Chloe's chair and started to tickle her sides.

Laughing uncontrollably, she gasped out, "Stop! Stop Noah! It tickles! Stop it!" I stopped and leaned down so that my face was upside down in front of hers.

"Surprise!"

"Sarah!" Chloe gasped. "You're back!"

"Well why wouldn't I be? You're my favorite four year old in the world."

She looked up at me with hopeful eyes. "Really?"

"Really."

"Promise me you'll always stay with Noah, Sarah. I don't ever want to lose you."

I smiled. "Of course I'll always stay with Noah. I love him." I added, "And I love you too. Now let's eat, I'm starving!"

**********

Sorry if the spacing is weird I'm on mobile.

Oh and sorry for stupid spelling errors my tablet is being weird.

Hope you enjoy the update! Please vote and comment 😊😘