Chapter 14

Take my pain from me...

~•~ Chapter 14 ~•~

I heard heavy breathing and guns raised in the air, aiming at someone a few feet away from me. I was confused and scared, but mostly in horrific pain. My eyes felt like jelly and I could taste blood in my mouth for an odd reason.

"D-don't shoot! We need water!" A man stuttered, sounding panicked. My heart picked up with anxiety and hope. Men, alive men. That means that the rest of the soldiers sent here could be alive, too.

"Why is he blindfolded?" Louis asked suspiciously.

"The fog.. please, we only need the water! We are unarmed!" the man begged and it actually got my heart cracking up at the desperation in his voice.

"Go on." Harry urged lowly but I could still feel the tension radiating off him.

"My eyes!" Niall croaked, while I heard Thomas and Ashton both groan in pain. I was trying my best not to let any tears fall.

"The water.." I heard Liam say thoughtfully as heavy footsteps followed and the sound of something diving in the water came afterwards. I also heard low crying and I could tell it was not from my army group.

"It helps with the poison - hurry before they get harmed!" The man advised, having me gasping in shock. My eyes were still shut tightly, I could see tiny colorful dots around from squeezing my eyes so much.

"W-what?" Niall blurted.

"Get them closer to the river." Harry ordered and I felt his hands gently pick me up from my arms before I was led a few steps further. "Sit," he said softly and I sat down on a hard rock, fearing to open my eyes for a mere second.

I heard loud screams of pain from the unknown guy and my heart shook with fear. "It's okay - come on, you can do this." the man said lowly but loud enough for my ears to hear.

I heard the water splash beside me before Harry opened my mask. "This might hurt," he warned me and I bit my lower lip in anticipation. Just as I felt a droplet of water touch my cheek, I could sense my nerves going crazy with fear. A wet cloth was placed upon my closed eyes before Harry squeezed the cloth, letting the water pour all over my eyes. Instantly, strong jolts of pain were sent through my lids, making me groan loudly in pain before a scream escaped my lips.

Every drop of water felt like needles sinking through my eyes, but after a few painful seconds, I could feel the pain slowly fading away. Ashton and Thomas both cried out in pain but Niall screamed louder than the rest of us and I heard him kick his legs against the ground. My stomach churned at the sound. You could tell, he was tortured the most from the rest of us. Harry's breath was shaky as he repeated the action twice, me moaning and yelping in pain and agony.

"What now?" I heard Louis ask.

"Cover their eyes for an hour, they will be fine, they shouldn't be exposed to light after the poison." The guy explained, rushing the words. He sounded exhausted.

"How do you know this?" Liam questioned as Harry tied the wet cloth around my head, covering my eyes.

"You will be fine, babe." He murmured softly to me.

"Thanks." I mumbled lightly. I was shaking, like literally shaking because it was the most painful thing I have ever been through.

"3 of my friends died because of the fog. Only me, Tony and Ed survived the fog and we fell in the river because we couldn't see. It healed us." the guy replied coolly. His injured friend couldn't be heard now, I suppose he was calm and not feeling pain anymore.