chapter 3

Izuku is a little shit. Izuku will never deny it. No matter how much he had learned to control himself and trained himself to be always calm and collected, Izuku wasn’t able to extinguish that tinge of childishness and want for attention that was always within him.

There was also the vindictiveness that stayed with him all these years for the hushed insults thrown his way and the isolation that is, Izuku confesses, partly his choice. Maybe that’s the reason why he acted the way he did when Kacchan cornered him before he was able to get out of the classroom.

Their oh-so lovely teacher announced prior to this encounter that Kacchan and himself were the only people that were applying to U.A. Izuku just stayed quiet the whole time but of course, Kacchan would see that as another insult to his mighty self and would see it proper to put Izuku in his place.

“We need to talk you piece of trash.”

Izuku looked up from his seat and saw that he was surrounded by Kacchan and his lackeys. The other students were also lingering in the sides to see how their mighty Kacchan would deal with the useless Deku.

Izuku remained quiet and waited for Kacchan to continue. However he saw the look on the blond’s face and Izuku decided to zone out. He resembled the look that that man gave him whenever he has something to say to Izuku, none of which were pleasant conversations so Izuku saved himself from a possible war flashback courtesy of his angry fri– classmate.

In all honesty, Izuku was really just gonna let Kacchan vent his anger and get everything over it. He was even expecting it to be physical at some point and Izuku didn’t mind. However, Kacchan made a small explosion right in front of his face to startle him out of his thoughts and he heard Kacchan’s next words.

“You fucking think you’re really someone huh, Deku?” The scowl from before was now replaced with a sneer. “You can act all you want but no one would ever take you seriously. No one in this shitty school, no one in your own family...” Kacchan’s sneer became bigger when he saw Izuku twitch. “And don’t expect U.A to be any different.” And to put the nail on the coffin, Kacchan decided to add, “If you want things to be different, I guess you can take a swan dive off the roof and hope to be someone else with a quirk and not be Deku in your next life.”

Now, if Izuku would be asked what he thought were the turning points in his life, moments that made a big impact on his future, Izuku would put his encounter in the woods with a floating creature when he was seven years old on the top. Second would be his last encounter with the creature that he once called his father. Third, would be his vigilante phase. And this... this moment would be the fouth.

Izuku looked up and willed his face to be void of any emotion. He then abruptly stood up, took his bag, and brisk walked to the door.

“Where the fuck do you think you’re going?” Kacchan growled from behind him. Izuku just looked over his shoulder, looked at Kacchan then to everyone else that remained inside the room and back at Kacchan that was glaring at him.