chapter 5

Izuku noticed that he was saying a particular phrase more frequently.

“No Mom.”

Izuku resolutely shook his head at his mother. At his side was a suitcase filled of his clothes and other necessities.

“But you really like All Might. I see nothing wrong with you bringing all your merchs to decorate your room with, right? That way you won’t be homesick.” Inko asked while holding to her chest various All Might figurines.

“No Mom, I won’t bring my merchs to the dorm.” The mother and son pair was currently arguing about what things he would bring to the training program that Tsukauchi orchestrated to observe him and use him as their unpaid informant. Izuku was bitter about it but what could he do?

Due to the distance, they offered dorms to the ‘paticipants’ of the program and he and Inko already checked it and his mother reluctantly agreed. It was a facility located within a mountain that was surrounded by a vast forest. It was said to be the property of a renowned school, before the time of quirks. The descendants of the principal of that school was said to be the founder of the Hero Association. And it was due to the connections of the police that they can use it for the program. So even if it was quite a long distance away from home, safety wasn’t an issue.

In the end, Izuku won and didn’t have to bring any merch. Izuku didn’t want to embarrass himself in front of Tsukauchi by basically announcing that he was his best friend’s fanboy.

Izuku knew everything that he needed to know about Tsukauchi and that involved his connections, he didn’t check his co workers though because Izuku more or less personally knew all of Tsukauchi’s bosses and colleagues. Izuku almost had a heart attack when he first read that he was best friends with his all time favourite hero. He also managed to get a name.

Yagi Toshinori.

Now, all he needed was a face and he would have access to information about his hero. No, he wasn’t a stalker, he’s just curious.

All the documents and preparation took three days and Izuku didn’t go to school in those days. He was sure that news of this training program had now circulated in school and he knew Kacchan would have blown his top when he received news of it.

It’s a good thing that he was given permission to skip and just focus on preparing so he managed to avoid that shitshow but one issue that he couldn’t avoid was that his mother doesn’t know that he’s not ‘quirkless’ anymore.

He’s not sure if she’d believe him if he would be the one to tell her that he has a quirk or quirks now. Talking about that with her would just open a whole can of worms that both of them didn’t want to get involved with.

So Izuku just decided to not let her know. He couldn’t avoid it but he could stall for time. He knew that he was just prolonging his suffering but he just wasn’t ready to face her about this. He can do many things, but handling sensitive family matters is not one of them.