1. Scary Game

A/n: Written by me

“There is no way I am playing this game” Veronica shrieked. “You are gonna kill one of us to bring your sister back..?? That’s despicable! Stop me if you can” Veronica walked swiftly toward the main door. As she was about to reach, the door automatically closed with a smack. Everyone was stunned.

“I told you. You can’t escape” Alyson said with an evil smile. “Ohh I almost forgot to tell. Marie’s soul is also present here. And she is watching everyone”.

“Let’s do it Veronica” Jillian said. Now everyone knew that they were left out with no other option. Veronica joined the party.

“So coming back to rules.” Alyson explains. “There will be two teams of three members each. There are three stages in this game. In first, you have to bring a Marie’s doll, don’t worry there are many dolls in this house Marie used to play with. Second, you have to find a piece of mirror in which you can’t see your face. And last and the most difficult task, you have to bring the black rose from the graveyard present near this farm house. The team who will complete the task first will win. And the one of the team member from the loser team will have to trade his or her live for Marie.”

Everyone’s eyes were wide open. No one ever played this type of game ever before. There was a pin drop silence. “And will you be the spectator?”Jillian asked.

“Don’t you want any audience for your game? ” Alyson grinned. “Any questions?”

“Yes! I have” said Veronica. “How shall we go out for the third stage?”

“Well, there is only one way and you have to find that too”  Alyson said. “Ohh! I am so exited , Let’s begin the game”

The team of three big boys rushed upstairs to reach Marie’s doll.

“Let’s go” Jillian said. They also rushed on the stairs.

“ I forgot to add” Alyson said. They looked back. “Marie loves her dolls and  she doesn’t allow anyone to touch them. Even I am not allowed to touch her stuff. Best of luck!”

The message was clear the game wasn’t going to be as simple as it seems…

                                                                        ***

They entered in a small room upstaires,  where there was dim moonlight, coming from big windows. “ This room is empty. Let’s go to other one” Marty said after having a glance.

“No!” Jillian said. “We have to make a plan for the escape”

“Whatt!!” Marty said with a surprise. “Wait…Don’t even think of that. Did you forget what happened when Veronica tried for the same?”

“Yeah, I saw that! But I saw something else too...” Jillian said with a low tone. “Did you notice that Alyson had a red book in her hand?”

“Yeah, so what? What do you mean by that?”Marty asked.

“When Veronica was moving towards the exit door , Alyson waved her hand on that red book. After that the door closed.” Jillian explained.

“That means there wasn’t any soul of Marie who shut the door” Veronica concluded.

“Exactly! She was able to do that with her evil red book.” Jillian said.

“Then we should escape through these windows.” Veronica suggested.

“No, unfortunately we can’t do that.” Jillian said. “I think that she is not alone who is guarding this game. I mean there is someone else too. And I think that person must have helped Alyson to learn dark magic. No one can be an expert in these stuff overnight. There is good possibility that someone is outside, keeping eye on the house. So we have to wait till the third stage of this game.”

“OK, I got it” Veronica said.

“Marty, I want you to look for that magical mirror in the house. Veronica and I will search for the doll." Jillian said. 

So Marty started looking for that magical mirror and Jillian and Veronica reached to cellar. There was a flickering light. That room was a bed room , there were few toys, Teddy bear, clown face, drummer monkey and many more. They all were covered with thick layer of dust. There Jillian noticed a picture of Alyson and Marie on the wall over the bed. But Veronica saw a doll between pillows.

“Here is the doll” Veronica called Jillian who was searching in the wardrobe. Veronica took that doll. Unlike other dolls that old doll wasn’t adorable. Her hair were bushy; eyes was staring Veronica, the left eye had a crack in middle. Doll was wearing a black shabby frock which had white patches in it. And her both legs were twisted backwards. She was looking awful.

“That’s great!” Jillian said. "Now hurry up we have to give it to Alyson before other team."

They were running in the corridor. Veronica was behind Jillian. Suddenly Veronica fell on the floor.

“Are you ok” Jillian asked .

“Aah! Yeah , yeah! I am fine. I felt someone pushed me.” Veronica said with surprise because there was no one behind. Jillian helped her to get up.

“Where is the doll?” Jillian asked with a surprise.

“ I dropped her when I fell. But that doll is not here. She is gone!” Veronica said. They rushed back to that cellar again. Surprisingly! That doll as again at her place between pillows. She was looking at them with a faint smile. This time Jillian picked the doll with a piece of cloth. As Jillian recalled Alyson’s words that no one is allowed to touch Marie’s doll. While they were walking through the corridor, they felt that they were being followed by a shadow.

They handed over the doll to Alyson.

“Unfortunately , You guys are too slow. The other team has already handed me a doll.” Alyson said.

“ I know, one of our team member is already working for stage two.” Veronica said.

“ I knew you guys are smart.” Alyson said. “I hope you guys are having fun. Best of luck for the next stage.”