- 2 -

"Congratulations!" R.O.B. cheered, appearing at the head of the staircase once again. "The first murder has occurred!"

By this time everyone had gathered around the fallen chandelier and Bowser's body. The initial shock had worn off, and only disbelief remained. How could such a powerful individual meet his end in such a manner?

"Murder...?" Leaf whispered. "He was...murdered?"

"It can't be," Falco said. "The chandelier just fell, that's all. It's pretty old, so..." he trialed off, knowing his argument was futile.

R.O.B. cackled, or tried his best to, anyways. Monotonous robot voices are not the greatest at conveying any sort of emotion, you see. "It most definitely was a murder. Cold-blooded, premeditated murder. I have eyes all over this mansion, so I witnessed the entire process fold out."

Lucas spoke up, terror in his eyes as he gazed up at R.O.B. "We're not gonna have to have a...a trial, or anything are we?"

"A trial?" R.O.B. asked. "No, you all will just be continuing with your daily lives, knowing that you have a ruthless killer among your numbers. But thank you for the suggestion...I will have to keep that in mind for the next time I play this fun game."

"How do we know you're not the one who killed him?" Samus asked.

"It would be against the rules," R.O.B. replied matter-of-factly. "I am not a participant in this game like you. I am just a spectator." He turned around and vanished into the wall once more.

Everyone was quiet, either staring at the mess of chandelier debris that covered Bowser's body, or trying their hardest to look away. Ganondorf was the one to break the silence when he cleared his throat.

"Right, we'll need to establish alibis, and—"

Falco shook his head. "Wait, what? You're not telling me you actually believe what the robot said. He has to be the one that killed Bowser!"

Ganondorf sighed. "You're...probably correct...but there's always a chance..."

Mewtwo continued when Ganon trailed off. "If there is a possibility that one of us murdered Bowser, then we need to investigate."

Peach looked like she was about to cry. "But why? If one of you all...did this...I think I'd prefer not to know."

"If they can kill once so easily, then they are capable of doing it again," Mewtwo said. "We must prevent them from doing so."

***

The only piece of physical evidence found after a day of investigation was a knife lodged in the wall. It was the general consensus that the killer had thrown the knife from the balcony on the second floor and cut through the rope that had secured the chandelier.

"Well, this murder seems to have been planned." Samus confirmed. "The culprit would have had to have gone down to the kitchen, which is the only place in this building with knives in it, then carried said knife around all day until that moment presented itself."

"Yes yes, but I have a question," Daisy said. "Why exactly was the chandelier held up with only that measly rope. Isn't that kinda dangerous? Like, I'm surprised it hasn't fallen before now."