Happy

Haha we're nearing the next. In the next 3 chapters I'm going to break your hearts.

Alex's POV:

Mary and Theo have decided that they don't want to adopt, but that they're going to foster kids. They've taken in 2 little girls, twins around the age of 6. Although Thomas and I know they won't be in our lives forever, we've been treating them like grandkids since they arrived.

Neither of us are young anymore, but I think Thomas wears the years better than I do. My hair has gone gray, while Thomas' luscious locks haven't lost any of their luster. I was never the most coordinated, but I find myself tripping or bumping into things more and more frequently. Thomas laughs at me, but I watched him walk right into the doorframe of our bedroom last night. That never used to happen before.

Mr. and Mrs. Washington have retired, and they passed on the business to us. We were honored, and even though it's a lot of work we've both been with the company too long to even think of denying the offer. Running things has been... an experience, but we've done it together. Neither of us would've been so successful without the other.

I published a novel about a year ago, recounting my experience on Nevis. It was... difficult to write. There were times when I would break down crying, tears blurring my vision until I couldn't focus on the page. Thomas was always there, comforting me and encouraging me. I don't think I would've finished it if it weren't for him.

Between the sales from my book, the company, and Thomas' inheritance, we're quite wealthy. I'm proud of my life. I have a steady career, an amazing husband, we raised 2 kids (one of which is fostering kids of her own), and I'm in my forties. Before leaving the island, I never thought I'd live past 20. I've doubled that, and I'm still in good health. And I'm an American citizen. And I have money.

I have everything I ever dreamed of, and more. I have Thomas. Money and a job were my goals. A family was part of the dream. But I never even dared to hope that I'd meet my soulmate. I definitely never thought my soulmate would be my rival and worst enemy. It's funny how that worked out. But I'm happy. Loosing our son... that was hard. I'll never forget Philip, or ever stop missing him. But I'm at peace with my life. Peace is a luxury I never thought I'd get. But all is well. My legacy will be a happy one.