A Comfort Talk

At Mal's room, Mal was pacing up and down, not sure what to do. 'Why would I tell Evie that I needed to talk to her. Now I have to tell her. Sure, she's my best friend but still......." before she could continue, there was a knock on the door. "Mal! Can a come in please?" Evie voice said. Her voice had some sort of charm that calmed Mal down immediately. "Sure! It's not locked." She called back.
                 As soon as Mal said those words she began tearing up. "Mal! What's wrong?!" Evie said, in a panicked tone. Mal was now face down on her bed and Evie went up to her. "I don't know Evie. I just feel so messed up!" She said in the middle of tears. Evie was shocked. Mal barely ever cried. She just didn't understand. She did, however, know that she and her bestie needed to be alone in that room, so she went up and locked the door. "Now, tell me what's wrong." Then, Mal told her about her nightmare and the real reason why she didn't cheer for Ben. "Oh dear! Well, this is a turn of events. Not to mention that the barrier is down forever so he can come and go as he pleases. Which also means that he can meet you whenever he like. I'm not helping am I?" Evie said, only to receive a nod from Mal.
"Why does my life have to be so complex?" Mal said with a sigh. Evie shrugged. Then, there was a knock on the door. "Go away!!" Mal shouted. "Is everything alright??" a voice said. It was Ben's. "Um...... Yeah Ben just give us a second," Evie said before whispering to Mal, "Go to the bathroom and wash your face." Ben entered cautiously, not fully sure what was going on. "Hey guys. So I wanted to know if you guys will be coming to Audrey's birthday party tonight?" Ben asked as soon as Mal exited the bathroom. They both nodded. Ben gave an 'ok' look and left.

Both Mal and Evie weren't sure if they actually wanted to go but decided they must since they already said they would.

———— - — - —-
Hey guys! I need ideas! I'm seriously losing ideas hence the short chapters. Pls feel free to give ideas on what should happen next in the comments.