At Hogwarts

Hogwarts 1927

"So, you did end up going to Paris?" Dumbledore questioned Newt, whilst pouring some tea into his cup.

Newt, who's still holding the injured niffler, nods.

"And you did come across the path of Credence?"

"Yes"

"But that wasn't the reason for you to go there?"

"No, you see, Dumbledore, what happened was that Tina's sister, Queenie and our muggle friend Jacob, who Queenie is in love with, turned up at my flat and explained to me that they were getting married. But I realised that Jacob was charmed with a love charm by Queenie so that he would agree to marry her, so I lifted it, they had an argument and she stormed to Paris to find Tina. Queenie told me that Tina thought I was engaged to....Leta, and started seeing someone else. After she left my flat, I saw a postcard from Paris torn up on my floor, so I repaired it and read that it was to Queenie from Tina to tell her she's safe despite them having an argument before Tina left for Paris about Jacob and Queenie's relationship. So, i decided to go to Paris, find Tina and tell her.....to tell her.....tell....her" he trailed off.

"To tell her how you truly feel about her and hope she feels the same way about you despite the miscommunication between you two" Dumbledore answered, smiling coyly.

Newt blushes, looking at the creature in his arms, nodding.

"Did everything clear up?"

"Well, I think so. I mean, I told her it was Theseus who was engaged and that I keep a picture of her, and that I like her eyes because they remind me of, well...salamanders. Tina knew what I meant. But then we were interrupted by Leta, who was looking for her family's records, because at the time, me and Tina were in the records room at the French Ministry-"

Dumbledore holds up his hand for Newt to stop his rambling.

"Newt, I know. Everything that happened. What I don't know exactly, is how your niffler has been able to get his paws on this" he holds up the vial that contains his and Grindelwald's blood pact from their youth.

"He likes shiny things, he's a brilliant escape artist and let's just say that Grindelwald was distracted with his rally and the battle at the cemetery."

Dumbledore chuckles then it descends into a look of confusion at the vial in his hands.

"Newt looks down at it too. "So, do you know how we can destroy it?"

Albus shakes his head, his look changes to sorrow.

"I'm sorry. But trust me when I say I will find a way"

Newt looks up at him, his brows furrowed.

"Forgive me, Dumbledore, but how can I or any of us trust that you won't go back to Grindelwald and join his side like Credence and Queenie did?"

"Because I was once on his side, and I know the consequences of being on his side. Not just to myself, but consequences to the whole world. My youth has taught me that.
Listen, Newt, don't let your friends fall far with him. It won't end well with them or the world. Wizarding and non wizarding. Do everything you can to get them back to your side, okay?"

Newt nods.

Dumbledore rises from his seat. Newt does the same, still holding the niffler.

"Well then, we best get back to the others. Make sure they are all fine and see about a new strategy to defeat him. I will hold onto this and figure out a way to destroy it" he holds up the vial between them.

"Thank you, Dumbledore"

Newt turns and walks out the door, case in hand.

End of part 1.

Like and comments are appreciated. As you can already tell this is set after COG and I hope you all like it. There will be some newtina fluff as there always are in my fics, but there will also be some angst coming up and of course, DRAMA! Stay tuned to the next couple of chapters. I will upload ASAP.

As I haven't said it already I do not own the characters or the world that is all down to the queen- J K Rowling!