Newt's House, London

They all apparated into a dark street in the middle of London. Jacob walked warily, still preoccupied with all thats going through his mind, whereas Tina is circling around, searching the sights. Ever the auror, she's checking for any no-majs (muggles now we are in England) around. To her surprise, there are none.

"Do you live in a wizard neighbourhood?" Tina whispers to Newt as they all climb the steps outside his front door.

"No, muggle. But its very late." Newt confirms to Tina.

When they step through the front door, the first thing Newt does is go straight into his basement with his case, to get all the exhausted creatures to bed and check on the zouwu.

Tina and Jacob sit on the couch, Theseus takes the armchair across from them, whereas Nagini lingers next to the couch, feeling slightly uncomfortable in a new environment and country.

A few minutes later, Newt emerges into the living room, breaking the silence.

"Is anyone hungry? I could whip something up if you would like?"

The others all shake their heads.

"I think its best if we all just go to bed and rest" Tina points out. Everyone else nods in agreement.

After sorting out sleeping arrangements (Jacob and Theseus takes Newt's bedroom, Nagini has the spare room, Newt stays in his basement and Tina takes the bed in his front room) everyone retrieves to bed, except no one has a relaxing sleep after everything thats happened.

Tina bolts upright from a nightmare of yet again seeing Queenie and Credence walk through the flames, only this time Newt walked with them too. She heard footsteps so she got out of bed (still in her clothes from the day minus her coat and shoes), lit the tip of her wand up and walked over to the noise of creaking floorboards.

She heard it in the kitchen and spotted Newt drinking a glass of water. Most likely finding it difficult to sleep too. 'I wonder if he dreamt about Leta' Tina thought.

When she stepped forward, another floorboard creaked and Newt looked up and saw her, his eyes sparkling.

"Oh, hello Tina." He greeted, "you frightened me a little. I thought you were still asleep".

"I was but I um well I had a nightmare" Tina winced, convinced she sounded like a scared little girl. "About the rally. And the fire"

"Oh right. Of course you must be" Newt said. He sighed deeply. "I'm very sorry by the way. About Queenie"

"I'm sorry about Leta"
Tina said, nearly crying and avoiding his beautiful eyes.

"How are the creatures?" Tina asked, attempting to make small talk very early in the morning.

"They're fine. Everyones asleep. The niffler has healed well and he and the babies are all resting. The Zouwu too. She loves her new home I made her." Newt explained, gesturing to the door that lead to his menagerie.

"Oh." Tina replied.

"Listen, Tina." Newt began, "about what happened in the French Ministry..."

"Yeah, Newt?" Tina interrupted, eager to hear.

"Did you-? I-I mean did you, um did you?"

"Newt?"

"Yes?" He replies, looking into her lovely, salamander eyes.

"I really liked what you said about my eyes. Its the sweetest thing anyones ever said to me"

"Really?"

Tina nods, smiling wide.

Newt smiles too. They keep staring into each other's eyes, never breaking away. Before they realise it, they are moving close, until their noses are nearly touching-

"Hey guys" Jacob grunts as he wanders into the room.

They abruptly stop and turn to see him.

"Hello Jacob" they greet, simultaneously.

Jacob freezes, looking at them with realisation upon his face.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something? I mean, are you two...?"

Newt clears his throat as Tina replies with "er....no. You're not interrupting at all."

They look at each other again, they quickly avert the other's gaze and turn back to a slightly smiling Jacob.

"Ok....I think I'm gonna go back to bed. Get more rest. Goodnight you two"

"Goodnight Jacob" they reply

They look at each othet again.

"I best get back. Catch up on some sleep" Newt says.

"Yeah, me too" Tina replies.

They turn and get back to their respective beds.

So? How you guys like it? I hope its ok. Much needed newtina in there i think. So sorry for the such late update. Ive been extraordinarily busy.  But I found some time to do this chapter. Hope u all enjoy. As usual likes and comments appreciated. Will update soon. But for now mimslovesnewt is out.