45.

"I'll go check on him. I don't want my stuff to be tossed everywhere," I say and rush upstairs.

He is standing by the door looking over the bed.

"That bed is small," he said.

"What did you expect? A mattress castle with separate rooms?!" I say.

"How are we gonna fit on that thing?" he asks.

I turn him over and hold his collar.

"Of that fetishy mind of yours that's going... We are not going to sleep together. It's just a game that I have enrolled in for no reason," I say still holding his collar. His fingers fondle over mine to remove it from his collar.

"I don't think that it'll be good to let you sleep on the floor," he says and turns to face the room again. I go in front of him.

"You'll be the one sleeping down," I say.

"You are right," he says with an ashen face," but I call shotgun on the bed."

He jumps onto the bed and occupies most of the area.

"I swear to Jesus that if you piss me off, young man, you are in Satan's room," I say threateningly.

"Okay," he says smiling. Still perched on the bed, he smiles at me.

RIP Adam Hansen...

I open my wardrobe keeping the door of his side closed so he couldn't see my lingerie collection.

"What is this thing?" he says fetching behind him. He lifts up my bra I had left.

"Oh my God Adam... Stop picking up things," I say embarrassed as hell and reach over to pick it but instead trip on my own toe landing right over him.

"Fuck," I cursed in embarrassment.

Adam looks at me as though it is a phenomenon.

I try to straighten up only to fall down on him again. My hand reaches out for something to hold but it lands onto his crotch and I grip it. He yelps.

Oh shit!

I remove my hands off his body and try to straighten up landing next to him on the bed breathing heavily.

"Oh man..." he says.

"What?" I ask.

"You are heaving like a rhino. You definitely need a workout," he says.

I chuck my pillow onto his head but he catches it.

He is adorable isn't he? No....

I get up from the bed to my wardrobe.

"Where is that damn blanket?" I say in frustration.

"3rd Shelf on the right. Second pile. Second item," he says.

I roll my eyes at him but he is indeed correct.

"Anna and I stocked up your cupboard together," he says. I sigh.

Only one of us will survive the night...

Annalise:

Clara leaves the living room letting me alone with Emmet. He is actually cute but I am used to flirts and looks and comments and he is just so shy. Whenever we make eye contact, he just smiles.

"Say we also call it a night?" I ask.

"If you say so," he says.

Clara must be the dominant in their relationship...

I check over my phone. Mom had texted me that they weren't coming home tonight.

"My room is a bit messy but we'll adjust alright?" I ask.

He just nods.

We get in and just look around.

"You take the bed, I'll take the couch," he says.

"No you don't need to... I have an extra mattress. You can sleep OK the bed, I'll sleep down," I say.

"You don't really need to," he says.

"No it's 'Athiti Devo Bhava' , one of the Indian teachings," I say.

"Thank you," he says.

I nod and smile.

Can I miss Adam this much?!

"Do you need help in bringing down the mattress?" he asks.

"Actually yes and no. You just pass me the box from the cabinet," I say pointing above the bed. He goes onto his tiptoes.

If it were Adam, he would have lifted me up to get it...

"Here Anna," he says passing the box.

I open it and lay the deflatable mattress down. It inflates and I put on my spare pillow.

"You can take the bed. I'll be alright down there," he says.

"It's alright Emm... Its okay," I say and lay the spare duvet over. I bend down and remove my slippers placing them against the bed.

"Even you have a bookshelf with you," he says looking over the books.

"Yeah. It's a mandatory thing for me. Don't you have a bookshelf?" I ask.

"Actually a whole floor. I have a kennel in my room," he says.

"Clara never told me that you have a dog," I say trying to start a conversation.

"It's Arie. He is very cute," he says smiling still scanning the bookshelf.

"Why do you have a bookshelf in your room?" Adam asked me.

He was so cute and young. It was the tale of grade ninth.

"I love reading books because they let me be something that I am not," I say.

He walks in long strides at me.

"You really are an angel aren't you?" he asks holding my hand.

"I can be," I say and he laughs. Those days were so different.

We used to be us. Fearless bold people... Now we are in this game of life and death. We are pawns who protect the Kings and Queen. It's only our intelligence that can promote us to a Queen...

"Anna... Anna... Anna..." Emmet's voice rings in my head snapping me back to reality.

"You like this book?" he asks holding a classic Henry Peterson book out.

"I really love it... It's just so beautiful and enchanting..." I say but he breaks into a little laugh.

"What?" I ask.

"Henry Peterson is my father," I say.

"Don't tell me that," I say getting up holding him by his shoulders.

"He is the God of the art of writing," I say.

"I can FaceTime him. He just went back yesterday morning," he says.

No....

"That's my dream," I say. With deft fingers, he removes his phone and I stand gingerly at the spot grinning like an idiot.

Maybe Ann is Anna....