yeoldul; friday night

over the few days that had followed after the last week of college, jungkook had been apart from taehyung more than he imagined. he was so busy trying to find a job that he really only had the mornings, as usual, to speak with him face to face. 

he had ideas to work at the coffee bar since he knew just how busy they'd get throughout the year, but of course that was an idea he had put in the past. he had grown, and realized he knew nothing about being a barista. so he was stuck looking for a different career.

taking various job offers, attending interviews, and staying up all night to find a reasonable job that'd help him stay on his feet. tae noticed it all; how hard the boy worked without even having a job yet, it was admirable. no matter how ridiculous the job sounded he always considered it.

so the day jungkook had arrived to the old joe bar, and smiled through his exhausted demeanor, he couldn't help but smile wider than his usual.  ,,it's refreshing to see your smile today." the older boy commented as he walked in small strides to keep beside him. 

,,you say that like i'm never happy." the golden boy shined like the sunset as his smile widened over his own laugh. ,,well, i'm not saying that, i'm just saying i noticed something is on your mind." the older replied, making the younger break eye contact and nod.

as they approached a table they were both satisfied with, jungkook sat first as always though this time he scooted further. ,,you can sit next to me," the boy looked up at him with big bambi eyes. ,,if you'd like." the boy finished as he fixed the sleeves of his favorite fluffy sweater.

the brown haired boy smiled and placed himself beside the latter as he took off his silk scarf and folded it on his lap carefully. ,,so, are you going to talk about what's gotten you so getty this morning?" the older poked at the subject once more.

the boy took a minute as his wide bunny smile returned. ,,i got the job." he replied softly making the tan boy stop for a moment. 

,,wait- wait what?" he chimed back with a hug box shaped smile. ,,did i stutter? i. got. the-" the older cut him off quickly with a suffocating bear hug. jungkook happily excepted it though as his eyes crinkled into happy little crests of joy. ,,tae you're gonna kill me-" 

,,i'm so proud of you," taehyung rejoiced as he pulled back to look into the latter's eyes. ,,you deserve it.. my little sunflower." he giggled, making the younger feel a chill go down his spine now. 

,,thank you hyung." jungkook felt his stomach coil from the older's voice, and his words pulled at his heart strings. ,,i don't know what to say." he trailed off still keeping a hold on the older boys broad back.

,,sometimes you don't need to speak. just let the moment speak for itself." the sunkissed boy removed his hands from the younger boy's frame now, just as he did the same. ,,so when do you start the job?" the brown haired cocked his head a bit.

,,monday." the golden boy grinned as he watched his own hands twiddle on the table top. ,,i'm working the evening shifts though. i'm off on fridays, and the weekend, and work the rest of the week." the boy nodded to himself, seemingly satisfied with his job.

,,that's not bad for a first job..." the tan boy nodded before their names had been called, and tae left the table. jungkook and he had gotten used to it so jungkook wasn't bothered as tae left and grabbed their coffee.

his strides were long and tall like he, but his arms always followed in shorter movements. he also always looked up and around, being friendly to everyone he came in contact with. jungkook had no particular reason to study him so well, yet he just found it fun. 

'what a weirdo, gguk.' jungkook thought to himself as he looked back down, feeling the boy coming back to the table. ,,hoseok said you didn't need to pay tomorrow," taehyung told jungkook with a bright tone. ,,he says cause you've been paying too much lately." 

jungkook rolled his eyes ,,does he know you've really been paying lately?" the younger questioned with a grin. ,,nope, and won't know- and before you begin to bring up how you need to pay me back, i wanted to ask if i could take you somewhere tonight?" 

the younger's eyebrows lifted in shock from the sudden question. ,,um- yeah, sure... but don't you have to work- and i don't mean to sound rude, but why so suddenly?" jungkook tilted his head as he took his cup from the boy in question.

,,you got the job.. so i want to do something for you. and no i don't have to work, though either way i'd cancel my shoot and do something for you." tae smiled warmly as he took a sip of his beverage and licked his lips clean after. 

,,oh, tae, you never have to-" 

,,oh, i know i don't "have" to. but do i want to? yes." the boy interrupted as he closed his eyes gently to sip the steaming caramel. he was too perfect to argue with, his skin glowing like the young sun that shined upon him now. 

,,alright you win... do i get to know where we are going at least?" the boy look at the latter with sparkles in his bambi eyes. ,,of course, there's no way you wouldn't know where we're going." the cosmo smiled as he looked at kookie through the sunlight.

his chocolate mocha eyes were brighter now as he innocently looked back at the bunny, unaware how dashing he was to him - and only the same way round for him. ,,why do you say it like that?" the younger furrowed his eyebrows cutely, and tae could've sworn he could see the boy's bunny nose twitch.

,,because you're choosing where we go." the older gave a smile as he put down his mug lightly with a satisfying clink. ,,so where do you want to go dolce?" he asked before turning to the latter.

,,where ever you want." the boy replied instantly. tae was looking into the boy's eyes though he could tell jungkook wasn't trying to be stubborn. it showed in the way his cheeks began get blood rushed, contrasting on his milk and honey skin.

,,that would defeat the purpose-"

,,no, because we'd be where ever you love to be. and you being happy makes me happiest." jungkook corrected and elaborated with a gentle voice, taking a gulp of his coffee for the first time.

,,alright. you win." the sunkissed boy gave up as he finished his cup and stood up. ,,let's go." he declared as he threw on his scarf and glanced out the window to see where the sun sat in the sky. 

,,now?!" the boy released as he looked up at the other boy who had already extended his tan hand in response. ,,if we don't go now we won't get there by night time." the sunkissed boy added as he never put his hand down.

for a moment jungkook looked down at his own unfinished cup before taking it with him and grabbing the older's hand. ,,okay then.. let's go."

1236

sorry for the wait. 

(๑•́₋•̩̥̀๑)