Case of I

Fuck, it's so hot. I tossed and turned and fidgeted in bed. It was way too hot to sleep. I felt hot and sticky from the sweat, and with the lack of circulation of cold air, it made sleeping even worse. At one point I couldn't take it and started to remove my clothes in an angered manner because I couldn't sleep. Tomorrow I will have to go and hand in the documents I've finished writing. I needed to wake up early the next day to do so, and with the undying heat, I grew frustrated. I was now naked with clothes thrown in every direction, It was still boiling. It took me a few seconds to realize he wasn't in bed with me. I was confused, he usually wouldn't get out of bed in the night and if he would he'd bother me about it first. That's odd. Where'd he go? I walked downstairs and heard him talking on the phone with someone.

"You got the stuff for tomorrow, right?"

"Are you sure? Everything's ready?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous. I have no idea how she'll feel."

"Yeah, you're right. I just have to wait."

"Obviously! I'm so fucking nervous and scared I could hardly breathe!"

I walked up to him stealthily then I jumped out of the darkness.

"YOU'RE DEALING DRUGS?!" I yelled at him as a joke.

"WHAT?!" He jumped back and ended the call.

"WITHOUT ME?!"

"NO! WHAT THE FUCK?!" He ran over to me and pulled his hand over my mouth.

"It's still early what're you doing up?" He whispered with a worried facial expression.

"I can't sleep, it's too hot. Who were you talking to?"

"Oh, just Ryder. But I have more important things to do." He licked his lips and walked towards me with outstretched arms.

I was still naked. My exposed body on display for his amusement. I was terrified.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I ran around the kitchen table.

"Oh, ~ lemme have you as a midnight snack. Please? Won't you do that for me?"

"No, never in my life."

"Damn, okay here." He stopped chasing me and placed a teacup in his hand instead.

"I have to tell you something." He wasn't joking around this time.

"C'mere." He beckoned me to sit on his lap, so I did.

"I was thinking." He paused and traced the edge of his teacup.

"Maybe we could go on a date tomorrow?" My heart fluttered at the thought, it's been a long time since we've gone on a date. Work and laziness was the reason we never went out anymore.

"Do you have something planned already?"

"Not really, we can think about it tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Good." He lifted me up and climbed the stairs with me in his arms.

He delicately placed me on the bed. I almost forgot how gentle he was whenever he's with me. My stomach churned from his touch. I pulled the sheets over my exposed body and turned to face him. I was thrilled when he turned to face me. Our faces were inches apart. It reminded me that we need a bigger bed. This one was getting small.

"You okay?" He pushed strands of hair out of my face.

"Yeah, just tired I guess."

"I'll be here until you fall asleep." He smiled.

"You have work tomorrow."

"You do too."

"But you're going in before me."

"Of course I am. Running a business is a lot of work." He turned on his back and sighed.

"I'm so proud of you, Honey." I snuggled close to his body. I could feel his heat.

"Thanks, Babe." He patted my head softly.

"Goodnight."

"Night."