Meetings - Part 7

"I'm sorry, we don't have the flexibility in the script to accommodate any changes." The man on the other end of the phone told me.

"I understand." I answered. "Thank you for your time." I hung up. That was the fifth phone call that had ended the same way in the last two hours. Out of the stack of twenty-six general job offers that had gone out to all the agents in the company today, I was left with only six that matched Tareiji and Jareka's inflexible set of limitations. Twelve had been discarded immediately because they were single position jobs, or looking only for female models. I had discarded only three more based on the initial content that I figured Jareka and Tareiji wouldn't even consider, and then five had been lost because the directors weren't willing to accommodate Jareka and Tareiji's scars. Chances were, that of the six left, they might be willing to accept one or two of them with changes, but if the directors weren't willing to make those changes then those jobs would be lost as well. In addition, just because they agreed to try for a job didn't mean they'd get the position. Another model might get accepted first, or a director might choose someone else over Tareiji and Jareka because they were easier to accommodate or felt they were more suitable for the role than Tareiji and Jareka were. I would be lucky if even one of these six turned into an actual job. So far, of all the jobs I had applied them for, none had been successfully completed. I needed to get them working, or they were never going to get anywhere.

I sighed and stood up from my desk, stretching. It was already seven and the sun was just setting. I decided we stood the best chance of getting the jobs if I could contact the coordinators first thing tomorrow morning, which meant I needed to talk to Jareka and Tareiji tonight. I gathered up my stuff and headed for my car.

Ten minutes later I pulled up in front of their house. The evening air was chilly and I pulled my jacket close as I climbed the stairs. I knocked on the door, and didn't get any response. I knocked again, louder, but there was still no answer. I crossed my arms both from the chill and from frustration. I knew they were home, I could see the light on through the curtains they had drawn on the single window in the apartment. My lips twitched with annoyance. They had done this last week, and I wasn't going to be happy if they were pulling the same stunt twice.

I tried the door handle and found it unlocked. I pushed the door open.

"Boys, I know you're here!" I growled, dropping my bag as I stepped inside and pushed the door closed behind me. I opened my mouth to chew them out, but my words stuck in my throat as I spotted them. Tareiji and Jareka were in the middle of the floor, just behind the couch. Though they were both still in their clothes, it was obvious that wasn't hindering their current activity. Jareka was on all fours with Tareiji leaning over him, his weight bearing down on Jareka's hips as he braced himself with one hand and had the other wrapped around Jareka's waist and down the front of his pants. Tareiji was glaring at me with a look that could kill. They weren't happy to be interrupted.

I turned away quickly, facing the far wall. I heard them shifting behind me and there were the sounds of clothing being adjusted back into place. Walking in on them was surprising but I was more startled by the fact that Tareiji had seemingly been the aggressor. It was only a stereotype, I knew, but still, with Tareiji smaller than Jareka by a foot or more and almost forty pounds, and the more childish in personality, I was surprised that he was the one on top, pinning Jareka doggy-style to the floor. I had expected it to be the reverse.

"What is it?" Jareka asked, his tone rather indifferent, as though nothing unusual had just happened.

I looked over my shoulder cautiously, and found them both sitting casually, leaning against the back of the couch. Their clothing was all back in proper position. I turned around to face them. I figured it was best to follow their example and pretend nothing was wrong.