Butterfly

I knew who you were from the start

I just hoped you'd prove me wrong

"I don't know. He's really cute." Bridgette said, eyeing Geoff who was playing frisbee with other guys.

"Good luck with that."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Bridge, you seem like a smart girl and all but a boy will only distract you from the only reason we're all here. The money"

"You have a point." she murmured. "But It's not like you don't have a crush on someone."

"No I don't." she huffed. She was really offended at the moment.

"Oh please. I saw how you were looking at Duncan. You want him." she teased.

"As If! He is nothing but danger."

"Still." She then continued tanning.

The brunette turned towards Duncan and they came eye-to-eye. He then winked at her while smirking and went back to his game.

"I'm gonna take a dip in the sea? Coming?"

"Yeah sure."

She just wanted to hide the fact that she was blushing.

And It wasn't because of the heat.

I could spend all year just letting down my guard

While you're stringing me along

"Aw, come on Court just confess it already."

"Confess what?"

"It's okay. The Screaming Gophers can't hear us right now."

"What are you talking about Duncan?"

"Your fear. Everyone confessed it."

"I do not fear anything. And even If I did, which I don't, I'd never trust you out of all people."

"Courtney, It's nothing major that I'm asking."

"Why do you want to know it anyways?"

"Because It's about you, and I wanna get to know you."

"Why?"

"I don't know. If you dismiss all of the uptightness you can be kind of cool maybe at one point."

She chuckled. He kinda admitted that he was interested in her, and she found it very cute.

"Fine. I'm afraid of green jelly." Courtney whispered. He started laughing. 

"Oh is that funny to you Mr. I'm-so-though-but-I'm-scared-of-a-cardboard-Celine."

"Hey not cool!" he said in a serious tone. "I just thought you'd say, death, or being unsuccessful or some boring crap like that."

"And I thought you'd say something like not being able to act out, but people can sometimes surprise you can't they." I said as we reached the girls' cabin.

"Touche Princess." he said and started walking off.

She couldn't stop smiling that night.

Gave it our best shot but we just missed the mark

Sad to say, our love is gone

Courtney took a pause from studying. She felt like her brain became a liquid substance.