6| Black

Hoseok tried to drown the lavender in music. He tried to make awkward conversation with Jimin. He really wanted to talk to Joon. But Namjoon had opted out of his shotgun throne to sit in the back with Jin.

So, Hobi had upset Seokjin. And Jin was going to sleepover too now. And Hobi honestly didn't want to deal with that. He dropped Jimin off and then waited in the car for Jin to get some overnight things.

"Joon is he actually upset?" Hoseok breathed as the eldest disappeared inside.

"He just doesn't like the fact that we held hands. He doesn't understand, he... He's not happy that I won't explain it to him."

"You won't?"

"Hobi." Joon's tone was almost reprimanding. "Just because Seokjin is my soulmate, he doesn't have the right to know all of my best friend's business." He sighed. "There are boundaries."

Jin hopped back into the car. "So we're talking about boundaries now? Good."

"Jin."

"What?"

"I'm talking about best friend boundaries that I won't cross. Even for you."

A soft smile chased the lavender from Hobi's mind, but an unfortunately timed huff brought it back.

Hoseok pulled into his driveway and the trio marched in awkward silence into Namjoon's home one door down. Namjoon's parents weren't home, so Hobi went straight upstairs to Joon's room and dropped his bag on the floor.

"Don't you dare!" Namjoon ordered.

With a groan, Hobi pulled his leg back into the room, pouting at the open window through which he'd planned to escape.

"It's not a best friend sleepover if your boyfriend is here." He muttered bitterly. Hobi wasn't sure if he was being unfair or not, but he was salty af that Jin was crashing.

_______________________________

"Keys." Joon demanded. "I forgot to stop for snacks."

He tossed the elder the keys and taped up the streamer he was holding. Namseok had decorated the house to their liking while Jin baked in the kitchen. Namjoon fumbled for the keys and practically bolted to escape the tension.

Hobi was feeling mopey. He had nothing productive to do and Namjoon had his house keys. Plus, his bedroom window was closed. He dragged himself to the kitchen, dreading the conversation he felt obligated to initiate. He sank into a wooden chair, willing himself to shrink up into nothing.

"So..." he sighed.

"Hello." Jin said.

"Yeah, I don't know how to start conversations."

"Well, I-"

"What are you upset over?" Hobi asked pointedly, realizing this was the fastest way to get past this.

"For one: He worries about you. A lot. And you hold hands." Jin stopped to pull some cookies from the oven. "I don't like it when you hold hands."

"You said that, yea."

"Well, it bothers me. It's like it makes you both feel better. He worries less and you handle, whatever, better."

"That's how a supportive friendship works." Hobi argued. "You draw strength from each other."

"No. That's how dating works." Jin disagreed with a hand on his hip.

"But we aren't even soulmates!"

"My uncle's soulmate left him. Well, he refused to be with him.

"Why?"

"It's not something he ever talks about."