[]Santa in the Bag?[]

Something happened on that year's Christmas Eve

Something happened on that year's Christmas Eve. Something neither Bruce nor Dick or any of the Bats had expected. They'd all secretly hoped he would show up, even for just a moment. Say 'hi' and disappear.
No one could have seen that one coming.

[]
~|¦¦|~
[]

It was dark outside, little silver dots on the firmament were shining brightly, reflecting colorful lights on the Waynes' Christmas tree. In the exact same room it was standing, two silhouettes were sitting on a luxurious black couch. In front of them, fire was blazing in a fireplace, sweltering tongues licking the stone walls of their cage. It was lighting up a part of of the living room but leaving the rest in a dim orange glimmer.
Thanks to this, you could have seen a few blue, yellow, red and green spots occasionally dancing on the walls, the tree being their homeworld.

On the mentioned couch was sitting Bruce, drinking hot cocoa, with his back not straight like a broomstick for once. Dick was supporting his own back on Bruce's shoulder, legs bent on the sofa and head leaning on his guardian, a mug of chocolate also in his hands. A little Flash logo was poking out from behind his fingers. He took a long sip and spoke, breaking the silence.

"I like it. The peace and quiet. Long time since it's been only the two of us. Nothing lasts forever, eh?"

"It's just a calm before the storm"
Bruce said. Dick answered him after a moment of relative silence with only the fire cracking not far from them.

"I don't think I'll mind some chitter-chatter. Or Tim bantering with Damian."

"It's more like Damian trying to kill him."

Dick snuggled more into his red, fluffy blanket.

"Nah, he shows love that way. If he hasn't tried to harm you in any possible way at least once, that means he doesn't care."

Bruce raised one eyebrow and his lips twitched in a small smile.

"He doesn't say anything offensive to you."

Dick moved so now he was facing Bruce and had one forearm rested on the older man's shoulder.

"Oh, but he does! That's how I know I'm his favorite. But if it's anyone but him saying anything, he's all protective. He's really cute trying to kill someone with a gummy-bear ice cream cone."