. T W O .

I rolled my eyes as Silas kept talking. I didn't care about this vampire nonsense. Vampires don't exist. And they're trying to tell me I am now a vampire like they are. Like how insane do these dorks think I am?

"Veronica! Pay attention." Silas snapped at me. I raised my eyes at him. "I asked you a question. You aren't paying attention."

"Because none of this is real." I snapped back. I didn't want to be here any longer. If I had to stay here any longer, I would want to be in Laz's bed with him. He says he removed my memory of earlier, so I don't even have the memory of us doing it to keep me sane while Silas drones on.

Silas appeared in front of me before sitting down on the coffee table. He gave a sigh as he ran a hand through his hair. He moved his ice blue eyes onto mine, "I wish it wasn't."

I folded my arms across my chest, "You can't even prove anything to me."

"Lazzareth can read your mind, word for word, and you still don't believe us. We can move faster than what you can see, and you think it's a magic trick. Would you like to see one of us die and come back? Would you believe it then?" Silas asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. No one can die and come back. It's also easy to pretend to be dead. So that wouldn't work for me. "You can fake it."

Movement behind Silas made me move my eyes up to Lazzareth. He stood there silently as he pulled something out of his pocket. He raised my pocket knife up, "You stabbed me in the lung with your knife, even though you were trying to stab me in the heart."

I nodded, remembering the blood on his chest and how he gently wiped his blood off of my blade before shoving it in his pocket. Laz walked up to the side of Silas, tossing my knife down to Silas and slowly lifting his shirt up. He had changed shirts and threw the one with the hole and his blood away. Laz stood there with the front of his shirt pulled up to his neck. I stared at his chiseled torso, wanting nothing more than to get back into bed with him. I heard him give a chuckle before sitting beside me on the couch and letting his shirt fall, "I didn't lift up my shirt only to make you want to sleep with me. I was trying to show you where you stabbed me."

Oh. That's right. I stabbed him earlier. But I didn't see anything odd on his torso. He was perfectly muscled and his skin didn't have any imperfections. That can't be right. I know I stabbed him. I leaned in towards him before ripping his shirt up and staring at his chest. Where exactly did I stab him? The entire knife went into him. Wasn't it mostly in the center, maybe a little to his right? I lightly grazed my fingertips over his chest around the area I stabbed him. There was nothing. His skin was smooth. He should have at least a scab. I raised my eyes up to his, not able to say anything.

Laz nodded, "I don't have a scab and if I was a normal human, I might even be dead by now. My body healed itself."

"If you would have been listening to me, Veronica, you would know vampires heal quickly." Silas said from behind me. I had forgotten he was here thanks to Laz making me become mesmerized by his chest. Laz gave another nod as his eyes went to Silas before back to mine, "To prove it, I want you to cut my arm with your knife."

Was he insane?! I am not going to cut him. Silas grabbed my hand with his cold one before placing the cold pocket knife in my hand. I jerked my hand away, letting the knife fall. Before the knife could hit the hardwood floor, Laz leaned up and caught it. He moved so fast I didn't even see him move; he just appeared closer to me, his face close to mine, making my heart skip a beat at his proximity. I bit my lip to keep myself from doing anything.

I felt my knife being placed in my hand as Laz leaned back, "You won't believe it unless you do it. I could cut myself with your knife and you would think it was a trick. Veronica, you can't hurt me."