~1~

Jahseh

       "Wait up" i yelled running after my bestfriend Claudia. We were on our way home from school. We both live on the same block ,so we walked together from time to time.  Claud slowed down a smile spreading across her black painted lips.

"why are you so slow" i rolled my eyes.

"why the hell you so damn fast"

We were almost at Claudia's house so i sped up running the rest of the way to mine.

im paying for that later

I opened the door and stepped into an unusually quiet home. Usually when i get  home my mom is either cooking something or talking on the phone loudly.

I moved farther into the house checking every room she could be in. My mom only works 3 days out the week and she rarely leaves the house. I checked everywhere except her bedroom. I now stood infront of the door taking a deep breath I pushed it open.

I found nothing no clothes, no accessories, just nothing. Every thing had been taken her dressers striped clean. I opened one of the drawers and found nothing. For a brief moment I thought maybe we'd been robbed. I mean this is Chicago and we don't live in a particularly good area. That's until I saw note lying on the the empty bed. I slowly picked it up almost instantly recognizing the all too familiar writing style. I opened the note and began to read.

"Dear Jahseh,
You know I love you. But being a mom just isn't for me I never wanted to be a mother. And this endless cycle of misery is slowly killing me. I've decided that I'm not going to sit around and let my life pass by. So I have made the decision to leave and follow my dreams. By the time you read this I'll be on the first flight to Paris. I don't know when or if I'm every really coming back. So, if you're wondering who gon be taking care of you call that dead beat nigga you call a father.
Bye Son xoxo

I crumpled up the note and threw it on the floor. I'm used to her doing random crazy shit so this isn't new. But Paris like for real what parent in their right mind leaves their kid like that. Still in shock I pull my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number. It went straight to and automated voice.
"Sorry but the number you dialed is no longer in service please check the number dialed and try again.... bye"
This bitch smh

I sat on the bed and dialed my fathers number. I know I can probably handle myself but the with the fact that we don't have enough food in this house for me to last a week. An I can't get a job I'm going with my best bet.
Eventually he answered the phone....

"What do you want Jahseh I'm busy"

Ouch nigga damn already lost one parent I'm bout to lose another

"I was calling to tell you mom left"
I heard him sigh deeply on the other end. He is also  used to her leaving it was the main reason their relationship didn't  work out. And why he lives into Florida and we live in Chicago.

"Ok and that's what she does just give it a few days"

Smdh and this nigga my daddy...okay

"This time she ran off to Paris and her whole room is packed up and gone"

"Just call-"

"Before you say call her I already did and it says her number is deactivated"

I heard silence on the other end.

"Okay...um I'll figure something out just give me an hour."

I nodded realizing he couldn't see me

"Okay cool talk to you later"

I hung up the phone and laying back on the bed thinking. Why would she wanna leave? I've tried to make everything easier for her I basically take care of my myself. I go out and buy food when she can't even get out of bed I cook, clean, do house work. Only thing I can't do is work. Since I have some minor misdemeanors on my record ,and most people don't want to hire me.

My thoughts were interrupted by the ding of my phone. I was to lazy to pick it up so pressed the home button seeing a text from Claudia.

Emo Princess🖤👸🏻: WHY TF DID YOU LEAVE ME!!

I rolled my eyes and turned my phone off I don't have the energy to be bothered. So I'm going to go drown my sorrow with food.

30 minutes later

I'm carrying a platter of honey drizzled chicken legs up the steps into my room. I decided to cook something instead of ordering take out. After all my body is a temple. I finally made it up the stairs to my room. I carefully sat the food down on my night stand and jumped onto my bed. I'm bored and have nothing else to do but watch Netflix.
15 minutes later
I'm only 10 minutes into this movie and I'm bored. My eye lids started to feel heavy as I laid back slowly. I was almost asleep when I hear my phone ding.
What does this lil girl want
I picked up the phone and opened the messages. They were from my dad I rolled my eyes as i read them.

Spermdonor🙄💕:Pack your bags I got you a ticket to Florida

Spermdonor🙄💕: I'll fly to Chicago to handle everything with the house

He also sent a picture of my plane ticket and a link to an email with the digital version of my ticket. So I'm guessing I have to go down there just great. At least I'll get to see my brothers and sisters. A smile slowly spread across my face it didn't last long since that nigga texted.

Why can't y'all just let me be happy

Spermdonor🙄💕: ps you can only check 3 bags do not go overboard and be be ready by 5 am cause you gotta catch that flight at 11

Spermdonor🙄💕: Also DO NOT be extra jahseh I know you

I busted out laughing "yeah aight w'ell see"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So first chapter complete many more to come. Tell me some of y'all thoughts on the characters though.

Jahseh?

Claudia?

Jah's dad?

Cleo?
See y'all next time👋🏽

Byeeee~Kori 💕