Chapter 27 - Team Up

Kaneki who is carrying Touka on his back and the others manage to escape the underground and they reunite with the rest survivors.

"Reaper, where is-? Touka?! What's wrong with her?!", ask Nishki and Tsukiyama as they rush to Kaneki.

"I don't know, she suddenly coughed blood and lost consciousness. She...won't awake."

Looking at the giant kagune which attacked the city, the ghouls feel happy because they think that humans get their karma. Looking at their ignorance toward Touka who is in coma, Kaneki feels angry but right before he shouts at them, someone precedes him.

"Do you guys not realize?! THAT THING killed our comrades too!! And yet you feel happy because your vengeance has been fulfilled?! How about her?! SHE protected you guys for months and this is your reaction when she collapses?!", yells Tsukiyama.

Silence.

"Touka told me, that one day she wants to see your smile along with humans. She wants a world, where there's no killing each other again."

Those ghouls regret of their action then shortly after, Hideyoshi and squad zero members bringing along Mado Akira and Amon Kotaro. Hide knows Touka needs treatment immediately and he knows someone who can treat her then he has an idea.

-CCG Headquarter-
In the middle of chaos, Marude and a female doctor are discussing about how to destroy the massive kagune. While they are discussing it, suddenly they were interrupted by someone who tells them to see what happen at the gate. At gate, the masked ghouls grouping and the investigators put their guard up. In the middle of crowd, Hideyoshi, Akira, and Amon step forward.

"A-Amon?! Mado?! Nagachika?! Why are you with them?!", asks Marude confusedly.

"Marude-san~ Long time no see! We brought people who would help. We need to team up to defeat that thing."

"Team up?! Bureau chief won't let it happen!!", protest the investigators.

"You guys, bureau chief has stepped down. He uses you, no...us, to achieve his personal gain.", says Uri as he walks with the zero squads.

"*sigh* But seriously, team up with ghouls? Are you kidding me? Look at everyone's face! Who wants to team up with you?! It's impossible! You ghouls take our comrade's life! ...Including Arima-san and Hairu."

Hearing it from him, the investigator with mask who stands behind Ui silently step forward then he speaks.

"I guess it's not necessary to hide my identity anymore.", says him.

Ui recognizes his voice and his eyes widened open as the man takes off his mask and shown his white hair.

"I'm not dead yet, Ui."

All the people at hall yelling in shock when they see White Reaper still alive.

"W-W-WHITE REAPER?! HE IS STILL ALIVE?! MOREOVER, HE IS WITH US ALL THIS TIME?!", yells ghouls in panic.

"Everyone, please calm down, I will tell you why I'm still alive. To ghouls, I know you resent me and I know you can't forgive me. I've taken countless your comrades's life since I was young and to be honest, I'm tired of killing. That day, I'm going to take my own life but your king stopped me. She told me not to run away then she and I made an agreement; she forged about my death and she asks me to help you until I die to repent my unforgivable sins."

The ghouls know that they can't forgive him and yet they remember when they were saved by him several times in the battle so, they don't make any movement. Meanwhile the humans still can't believe that Arima was lying to them and willing to work together with the ghouls.