Chapter Five- Mamma

"So, when are you coming back man?" Bryan asked an already drunk Justin, he paused to take another drink and answered "soon bruh, I'm having too much fun with these bitches out here. You need to come up on spring break." Justin continued. Bryan hadn't told Justin about Leyah yet, he wanted to wait till he got back to New York. "Yea, sounds good man. Let's do it!" Bryan responded. Justin laughed uncontrollably and hung the phone up.

Bryan got dressed, he put on a pair of khakis and a red polo shirt, his tattooed muscled arms bulged through the fabric. "You look handsome" his mother complimented him as he stared at himself in the mirror. "Who's the lucky girl?" She queried. "A girl from East side." His short answer made his mother suspicious, she yearned for more information.

"And?" she pressed, as she helped him straighten his collar. "Is she your girlfriend? I thought we tell each other everything." she nagged.

"She's kind of my girlfriend I guess, I mean we've only been out a couple of times."

"Well do you like her?" His mother asked impatiently.

"I do, I like her a lot." She doesn't go to Monroe but were both planning on going to NYU. I met her at the mall when I was buying your Christmas present." He paused to look at his mother's reaction "And please don't ask when you're going to meet her."

His mother bit her fingernails, she always did this when she was nervous. "This is your first girlfriend Bryan; I want to meet her." she pushed.

"She ain't my first girl." He said annoyed.

His mother walked to the kitchen and grabbed herself a drink of Cola. She popped the top and sat down cross legged wanting to hear anything and everything about this girl.

"Well those other tramps don't count" she mumbled. He started looking for his phone around the room, ignoring his mother's comments. "I have to go Mom or I'm going to be late." Bryan kissed his mom on the head, and she jumped up and followed him to the door. She watched as he walked down the path to his car. "Be safe," his mother yelled behind him. He waved at her without turning around.

His mother stared at her son as he got into his truck, she didn't understand him, he resembled his father but had her gentle heart. His body, his suave moves and his big deep voice. His mother knew girls found him attractive.

From the early age of fourteen she noticed older girls and women looking at him when they would go to the supermarket together. One time she finished early from work and walked in on him naked in her living room. She didn't know that it was her best friend under the covers with him.

"Karen?" She yelled at her friend who was hiding under the covers with her eyes peeking out. "What are you doing with my son?" She asked furiously. Karen was a thirty something year old mother of three, she still looked good for her age mind you, big butt and a pretty face. She was so embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry Regina," she cried trying to avoid her stare. Bryan walked into the bathroom avoiding the drama. "I came looking for you and one thing led to another." Karen cried while putting on her clothes. She grabbed her bag trying hard not to make eye contact with Regina. His mother stood there in awe as Karen walked quickly out of the front door. It took all her strength to not beat Karen down for touching her fifteen-year-old son. But she knew Bryan wasn't no angel either.

"Boy get out here now!" She screamed while planting herself on the couch. Bryan came out looking down and pressing both his lips together.

"I'm sorry Ma," he sat down staring at her as if he was about to get spanked. She got up and walked away into her room and burst into tears; it wasn't easy bringing up a son. How does she teach him how to treat a woman? When all he saw as a kid was how badly his father treated her. She warned him not to bring any women over to her house ever again and never to disrespect her like that. She felt sorry for those girls, like his father, Bryan played these girls not wanting any commitment, just using and abusing them and then throwing them in the trash when he was done.