Chapter.1

Chapter .1

Briiiing... Briiing... Briiiing... Briiiiinnnnggg...

Catherina could swear the last ring on her phone sounds louder, longer, and angrier. It seems like the person on the other side of the line are not patient enough to wait a second longer.

Dripping wet from her shower, Nina covers herself with her big towel, the one she bought in THE GIANT market last summer. It has become her favourite towel for almost a year, and she's thinking of buying another one. Come to think of it, THE GIANT market is back in a month! Yeaah... She somehow get an idea who the call is from and what's it about.

"Cath speaking," Nina choosed to be called Cath at work. Somehow it become a way to differentiate her working circle and families. And she felt that 'Nina' is for more personal life, only those close enough can call her Nina.

"You should realize by now my only concern." The answer from the other line is a statement, not a question. Just the person she predicted on the first place.

"Roughly..." She answers back.

"And?"

"And I'm working on it," she lied. In fact she just remember a while ago what's coming her way. And she has yet to get any idea of what to do this time round.

"Are you sure?" The familiar voice questions her back. Doubt is evident in his voice. "What's the initial?"

Nina doesn't have any picture of what to do for this year. And being asked what her initial idea means her boss, Mr. Anderson, expect less from her. Not her usual ask-me-everything,it's-all-set-and-ready, but the I-believe-you-completely-forgot-and-unprepared,nevermind-just-give-me-what-you-have-for-now. And the problem is, she have no idea!

She need to buy some time to think. So she said, "It's TG."

"Pardon me?" Mr. Anderson's voice raised by an octave. It means he's serious and you better don't mess with him. It means his patient level is thin enough, he could bark at you.

"Well... You ask me the initial. It's TG for The Giant?" She answers lamely. She is not sure it's the right time to joke with him when he just give her 'that voice'. However, she needs to buy some times, and every second counts.

"You know I meant the 'initial idea'." Again, a statement not question.

"Well... Last year's GIANT is a huge success. So I'm thinking of doing it as it is this year." She has come out with the easiest option she could give. Now that she know what to do, she ease herself, put her phone on speaker mode, and start drying herself.

She started with her long hair, combing and drying it at the same time. In her mind she's hopefull that Mr. Anderson will go with that option. She opened her lotion and applying it on her face while waiting for the comeback.

"I know last year it is. Thats why I let you handle it THIS YEAR." He emphasised on the last two words, "And if I want it to be the same, I wouldn't bother to have you THIS YEAR. In fact, I don't have a reason to hire you for the whole year if I want the same thing."

His patient is at the edge. You can tell. It's not 'that voice' any longer, it's 'the voice'. So tight and well toned, and it is even scarier than before. He only use it for certain occasion. It means he is way pass the impatient period, he has come out of the emotional act and become more rational. Rational enough that he can fire you on the spot.

"Well... you know I always have a back up plan. Why don't we meet and I'll explain the other initial to you." Nina tried to polished her tone. Her boss has a very sharp instinct, like a predator, and she wouldn't want him to discover her nervousness.

"Meet me 7, at your spot." He said.

"Why don't we meet at the office?" Her spot is her coffee shop. Her boss knows her very well, he observe and ask you light question at times, and before you realize it, you've told him where you live, your regular go-to places, your hobbies, routines. Allthough he never came along, he knows exactly where each of his employee most likely coordinated at certain time of the day. He has his employees-tracking-software installed in his brain, especially those he usually encounters on daily basis, her included. She is not keen of the idea having her personal get away as a working place.

"I can't wait until you have done with your coffee routine. I need to know your plan."

"I'll skip my coffee, and meet you straight at the office." She offers while lotioning her body.

"You sound so eager on not having me at your spot. Come to my house then."

Nina shocked by his offers. No one has ever went inside his house. No one. Well, perhaps his own family did from time to time. Nina has been there once, waiting outside the lobby, inside his car, while Kenny, his driver fetch some stuff he left. It was last year, on her way to meet him at THE GIANT. For all she knows, Kenny is the only employee who has been to his personal cave. "Your house?"

"Yup, It's Wednesday." Mr. Anderson works from home every Wednesday. No one knows the reason as to why Wednesday, or why he work from home. She suddenly doubt if the coffee shop is a safer option. She doesn't want to have her work and personal life tingled, and going to his personal space might start that mess.

She tries to remember his neighbourhood. "Can I meet you at SUBWAY? The one just at the opposite of your condo? We both can have our breakfast, and I still can have my coffee."

"Okay." He replied with 'the voice'. For some reason he sounds bothered with her offer. "Be there 7.15."

***

NOTE FROM AUTHOR

Hi, there! It's my first time writing a story on wattpad, so i hope you guys like it. And It might sounds different from the synopsis, but believe me, we'll get there soon. I just couldn't start my story with thoughts, i don't want to bore you all with that starting. Especially this being my first story and all.

Please like and subscribe if you enjoy so far my short chapter... it will give me more motivation and confidence to finish the story... I'll start the next chapter soon.. See ya!