Silver Shroud

Aye! This is a one shot- Probably a two shot if people want a continuation of the story! This is also a reader insert for either boys or girls (you being the sole survivor of Vault 111). A fusion of two worlds: Fallout and Five Nights at Freddy's. The pizzeria the survivor will be visiting is the same place from FNAF 1 and Springtrap is still locked in the secret room. No spoilers though! There's some strong language ahead, no real gore and mention of fictional drug usage. The reader doesn't use said drugs. Hopefully you guys have as much fun reading the story as I did writing it! Enjoy. <3

~Mare (Masquerade)

~☾~

My head is caught between the throbbing of an irritating migraine and the boiling rage of having to put up Hancock's antics yet again. That damn ghoul thinks he's got himself wrapped around my finger to the point that he can get away with anything. Admittedly, he can. But today he's pushed too far! And God forbid he offers another "psycho" to "take off the edge" or else I'll go psycho on him! For the last time, I'm not going to live the "high life". You'd think that after getting turned into a ghoul and having his flesh rot away, he'd stay away from that stuff. But nooooo, he always seems to have an extra stash of Mentats on hand and ready to share with me (despite my repeated telling him I was just going to sell the chems regardless).

~☾~

Earlier that day:

"Hey, look what Dogmeat dragged in! Attaboy, you're really getting the hang of this."

I can hear Hancock beckoning me over to find whatever my dog collected. Unfortunately, I was in the middle of deep conversation with Nick and his most recent discoveries concerning the Mysterious Stranger. "Ah, I'm sorry. I really need to check on him, but I'll be right back." Regret laces my words. In truth, I was almost as curious about the strange man randomly appearing during combat and taking down my enemies as my synth detective friend was. I'd rather hear what he had to say than see what my other two companions are doing.

"Ah, don't bother. I'll just walk with you." He waved his mechanical hand dismissively in my direction before landing it back in the pockets of his trench coat. We headed towards the deteriorating bridge leading out of Sanctuary Hills and spotted a guy in a red coat patting an overly excited German Shepard. They sat near the water's edge just below the bridge.

"What is it you wanted me to see, Hancock?" The beaming ghoul turns away from the dog, hand held high with some foreign object in his palm. I have to squint just to make out its definite shape, but even then, I still can't identify what it is.

He's still smiling as he reads the label out loud. "They're 'Disappointment Chips'! Said to have a disappointing flavor and they're 'passable.'" Sure enough, now that I'm close enough, I can see the purple bag encasing what must be chips.

"Where did you find those? I've never heard of them in my life."

Nick laughs at that and nods. "That's saying something considering you're pre-war. Eh, no offense, (y/n)."

I get it, I'm old. But these chips may be older and here Hancock is opening the bag as we speak! "What are you doing? They could kill you!"

"Wouldn't that be disappointing?" Much to my dismay, he winks after his own pun. "I don't know where they came from. Dogmeat got this little treasure for me. Ain't that right, boy?" My dog barks affirmatively in response, wagging his tail all the while eyeing the ancient snack himself.

"Hey, go find Piper, Dogmeat, or play fetch with Codsworth. Go on." Dogmeat whimpers in protest, tilting his head slightly as if the cute puppy face would persuade me. It almost does until Nick pats his leg once, gesturing the dog to follow.