idiots ( p.p )

༄

.༄

To say that Peter's ideas were stupid was an understatement. Peter had the most ridiculous ideas in store that he wanted to try and he always asked you if you wanted to help him with one. Of course, the ideas he had often got you both in trouble and as much as you hated doing them, they always turned out interesting.

It had been a normal night for you. You did your homework, you played on your phone for a bit, you read a book, and you went to sleep. That was all normal until you got a phone call at 11 pm from no other than your friend, Spider-man.

"Peter, it's late. why are you calling me?" you said sleepily into the phone.

"I-" he paused," I had an idea."

A groan left your lips before you stated," well what is it?"

"Well, I was studying for that chemistry test we have on Friday and I remembered that tungsten is the strongest element on the table."

You knew this was leading to a bad idea, but of course, you were probably going to accept the idea and put it to the test.

"So I was thinking, what if we added tungsten to my web fluid and see if it makes my webs stronger. you want to come to test it with me?"

You sighed, standing up and putting on your tennis shoes. "When have I ever said no."

Peter dropped by your window and swung you off to the Avengers facility. You both snuck it at the worst hours to do it and went into the lab where everything was that would help the experience. You carefully put on your protective goggles and the lab coat you wore for you internships you had with Bruce Banner. Tony had mentioned you to Bruce and explained your skills to him so Bruce offered you an internship with him. You became very close to the famous scientist during it as well.

"We cant add in solid tungsten it might cause too big of a reaction that would be lethal for us. Though I might be wrong, I'm going to have to melt the tungsten while you make the fluid," You explained, a few rods of tungsten sitting in front of you. You began the process quickly, though it took a while for it to melt successfully and for Peter to make the web fluid.

With a sigh of relief, you finally completed it. Carefully, you used the right tools to collect the melted metal, bringing it over to the web fluid. "You sure about this?"

He nodded, adjusting the goggles he wore carefully.
"If we get caught... it's your fault," you stated bluntly. finally, you poured it the tungsten and for a brief second, you thought it worked, but that was not the case. The reaction was bigger than you thought and from that reaction came a rather big explosion from it. You and Peter stumbled back in surprise, tripping over each other. The glass the web fluid was in shattered and you both had a few burns on your exposed skin. Web fluid was stuck everywhere.
You sat up, propping yourself up on your elbows and staring at the mess created, bewildered.

"Well, that's not going to be fun to clean up," you muttered, rising to your feet and wincing at how bad the mess was. Glass was spilled across the floor and in every direction, web fluid was stuck in all sorts of directions, including on yourselves.

"Could you have chosen an easier experiment?"

"It was either this or making radioactive web fluid," he chuckled a little. You rolled your eyes, suppressing a soft laugh before the doors of the lab swung open, revealing Tony and Bruce.

"What the hell? I swear to god these kids are going to be the death of me," Tony muttered.

"It was Peter's idea, to be fair. I just didn't want him doing it without a lab partner," you explained innocently, noticing Bruce's raised eyebrow.

"Just shut up and start cleaning this up," Tony sighed, grabbing the cleaning supply from the closet.

You, Tony, Peter, and Bruce began cleaning up the mess you and Peter had made, disposing of it the correct way. You and Peter were cleaning up the web fluid together before Peter noticed a scratch on your cheek from some glass that shattered in front of you.

"You need to clean that scratch you got off," he mumbled, rubbing his thumb over it.

"You two make a cute couple," Bruce blurted out, making you and Peter turn to him in surprise.

"W-we're not a couple," Peter stuttered our shyly, his face turning redder than a cherry and he was suddenly becoming very sweating.

Bruce arched an eyebrow before returning to cleaning up the broken glass. Peter glanced over at you before continuing to clean up some web fluid.

"Why did you stutter when saying we weren't a couple. I would think you would be more sure of that fact," you asked him curiously, teasing him slightly for the stuttering he did. Peter looked over at you and blushed. He looked down shyly.

"Maybe because I-I like you."

With a chuckle, you stood on your toes a little, pressing a kiss against his cheek softly. " I like you too peter. How about this Friday we go to Thai together. Pick me up at 6:00?"

Peter felt a grin become exposed on his lips and he nodded shyly. "That sounds perfect..." staring into each other's eyes, you both knew that you liked each other more than a simple crush, but being the awkward teenagers you were, you were too timid to admit it.

━━₊˚.༄ thank you for reading this.
guys, you are all amazing and i hope
your day has been good!