small favors ( p.p )

༄

.༄

Have you ever felt that feeling of just pure and genuine joy when you first step into your new home? Even when it's small, simple, basic, you still find it just captivating. You always get the feeling that you can organize your life with a new home. You have the ability to create a home for new memories and house them in your mind, holding them tight to your chest.

That was how you and Peter Parker felt when you both moved into the apartment you would share? From the beginning, your friendship with Peter sparked like those sparklers from the Fourth of July. The ones that kids would run around with, laughing and shrieking when the sparks got too close. The day you and Peter met was unlike any other day. It all seemed but a dream to you both now. It was as if you had known each other for ages, for centuries, when only a few years passed.

"Peter Parker, get your head out of the clouds and back on your shoulders," Mrs. Warren's stern snap brought Peter out of the daze he found himself in. It was no surprise that Peter was daydreaming again. He yearned to be out swinging in the streets. Letting the wind blow past him. It was an exhilarating feeling. It felt like he was a knight in shining armor when he was out saving lives. It made him proud.

Once the bell had rung, a shrill sound that was painful to the ears, Peter had rushed out of class, ready to just get to the next one and get the day over with. Ned had run up beside him, going on an on about something Star Wars related before his voice pitch heightened and he nudged peter in the arm painfully.

"Who is that?"

Looking across the hall, you stood in your pale jean overalls, a plain white shirt tucked under it. Your soft and combed locks of hair were tied back in a braid, which fell against your shoulders neatly. You were graceful. You looked poised and sophisticated but you had a soft and awkward expression. It was odd that such conflicting characteristics fit so perfectly together. You seemed to walk out of a fairytale book.

"I think-" Peter paused. "That's the new student Mrs. Warren told us about. She's from like Washington or whatever. Supposed to be really smart."

"Let's go talk to her."

Before Peter could even utter a word from his thin lips, Ned grasped Peter's left hand in a steel grip, dragging him to where you stood, examining your schedule as if it were a diamond you found in a cave.

"Hey, I'm Ned and this is Peter. We heard you're new and were wondering if you wanted to have someone to help you around the school," Ned explained, his cheerful and bright personality shining through his dashing grin and small eyes.

A delicate smile pulled on your lips. "That'd be great. This school is huge and I have literally no idea how to even get back to the entrance," you chuckled, greeting the two politely. "Oh! I'm y/n by the way."