introduction

from the moment i saw her
i knew
this one
was worth
the broken heart
-atticus

──────────

JOSHUA WILLIAM DUN

was your typical college kid

was your typical college kid. he was outgoing, adventurous, and went very few places without his girlfriend debby. his friends would always tease him for being such a hopeless romantic, since his care for his girlfriend was something he often expressed. he majored in music, debby in photography, and their time in college was going pretty well. they had their entire lives together planned out; they'd get married at twenty three, josh and his friends would write music for their band and start off their music careers, and debby would take photos for their band's social media page.
despite all the planning, their futures never progressed passed the dreaming stage because not even a week after his twenty first birthday, the world took a turn he thought only occurred in movies. he and debby decided it would be best to move from their busy city, which was now filled with violence, to the less densely populated suburbs. he was confident that he could adapt to the changes around him and protect the one he loved most, but josh quickly learned that while love can provide strength, it can also lead to a greater weakness.

──────────

TYLER ROBERT JOSEPH

was almost the complete opposite of joshua dun

was almost the complete opposite of joshua dun. unlike most people his age, tyler rarely left the house. he mostly stayed in his room writing, or somewhere else in his house hanging out with his siblings. he still lived with his parents, not because he was unable to support himself, but because he couldn't handle the separation from his family. this ended up working out fairly well, since his childhood home was only a couple minutes drive from his college campus. the only times he'd really end up leaving the house would be to go to his classes. he majored in writing, his family encouraging him to do so since they truly believed his poetry would be very successful.
they never were able to find out wether or not that was true, because tyler never got the opportunity to graduate and publish his writing. out of fear for everything that was now going wrong in the world, his family locked their doors, covered their windows, and prayed for the best. after tyler adjusted to this new reality and finally thought he and his family was safe, he's forced to deal with things alone after everything he cared for is ripped away from him.

──────────

TRIGGER WARNINGS
contains violence, fowl language, sexual content, mentions of mental illness, and character death.

──────────

AUTHOR'S NOTE
this is the joshler version of this fic. i'm writing it as joshler, and frerard on my other account. if you'd prefer to see it as frerard, you can check it out on my other account bulletproof-iero
the plots are exactly the same, just with a few minor details and names of characters changed. whichever version you choose to read, i hope you like it.

──────────

RELEASE DATE
june 26, 2019