Chapter 6

"What happened here?" I ask the Beavers. "Who did this?" I turn around, seeing a fox appear at the top of the hill. I stand in front of the Beavers as Peter steps in front of his family.

"This is what becomes of those who cross the Witch." The fox says. I look at him and a feeling takes over me as I turn to the others.

"You take one more step, traitor, and I'll chew you to splinters!" Beaver threatens, trying to step around me.

"Wait... I think he's one of the good guys." I tell them. The fox and I look at each other and he bows to me.

"Your majesty." He rises and looks at me. "Aslan has told me the adventures of your uncle. I'm glad we can rely on you in this battle." I just smile at him, though I'm still confused as to why he referred to me as 'your majesty'.

"Umm... you too." I stutter.

"Right now we've got to move." He orders us.

"What did you have in mind?" Peter asks as we hear the wolves trying to get past the barrel.

We had to climb a tree. I mean if the wolves are smart enough, they could just look up and see us. But I'm guessing like all evil villains, they're not that bright. The wolves burst out of the barreled up hole and encircle the fox who was in the process of covering the tracks with his tail before they came. I couldn't really hear anything from way up here but I saw everything. The wolves circled around the fox and started talking to him. It was probably more of a threat than a casual conversation. One of the other wolves pounces on the fox and grabs him harshly in his jaws. Peter covers my mouth, as I let out a yelp. The head wolf, I presume, walks right up to him and says something. The Fox hangs his head in shame and points with a paw. A wolf throws aside the fox and runs off. The fox lies still on the ground. I jump down and run to aid the fox.

Mrs. Beaver is attending to the fox's wound. The fox yelps. "Are you alright?" Lucy asks.

"Well, I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite. Ow!" The fox yelps.

"Stop squirming! You're worse than Beaver on bath day." Mrs. Beaver scolds.

"Worst day of the year." Beaver mutters. I giggle under my breath. The fox stands up.

"Thank you for your kindness, but that's all the cure I have time for." My eyes shoot up to where he is standing.

"You're leaving?" I ask him. I thought he was going to come with us.

"It has been a pleasure, My Queen, and an honor, but time is short and Aslan, himself, has asked me to gather more troops." He says.

"You've seen Aslan?" I ask him in awe. Since I was a little girl, I had this picture of Aslan that I created in my head. And now that I know Narnia is real, I wanted to meet Aslan.

"What's he like?" Lucy asks.

"Like everything we've ever heard. You'll be glad to have him by your side in the battle against the Witch..." Peter cuts off the fox.

"But we're not planning fighting any witch." Peter insists.

"But surely, King Peter, the prophecy!" The Fox insists but Peter shakes his head.

"We just want our brother back." Peter explains.

"Surely you, Queen Anastasia!" I give him a reassuring smile.

"I'll do whatever I can." The fox nods and runs off into the night. As I look among the Pevensies, I pray that Edmund is okey. His family needs him.

➹➹➹➹➹

The next morning, we were all up before the sun rose. The Beavers led us through the forest and once we made it to the clearing, Mr. Beaver led us to the end of a cliff. "Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table just across the frozen river." Mr. Beaver explains. We all look at him and Peter sighs.