Chapter Three

Your POV:

Mrs. Evans leads us to her office. We talked on the way up in the elevator. She asked us some questions about what made us look into adoption and got to know us a little more.

"Here is my office. You two can have a seat and get comfortable. Would you like a water or anything?" she asks us and let's us walk in first.

"Oh no, I'm fine. Thank you. Ari, baby do you?" I ask her, placing a hand on her lower back gently.

"No thank you. I'm good right now." she smiles and nods.

We both sit down in the chairs seated in front of Mrs. Evans' desk. Her office is also beautifully decorated and it feels comfortable.

Ariana looks at the pictures on her desk and around the room, smiling. "Is that your family?"

"Oh, yes! That's my husband and our three kids. Our very first child, we adopted. The other two our twins we had." she smiles proudly.

"Aww, you adopted a child too?" Ariana smiles widely.

"We did! He's from Texas. His name is Danny. He's turning eight next month actually! We were foster parents at one point. I had trouble getting pregnant for many reasons. My husband and I wanted kids badly, our marriage was crumbling due to that reason. We had lots of stress and sadness so it was hard. But, one day we decided to foster and look into adoption. Then, we found Danny. He stood out to us and we knew then we had to have the little guy." she smiles and nods.

"That's so beautiful! I'm so happy for you two." Ariana smiles. "What about your twins?"

"We actually had them. It was around three years after we adopted Danny. We decided to take the chance and try to get pregnant again. With a lot of trying, heartache, and help from various doctors we finally got pregnant! Little did we know with two."

"Oh gosh, that's a beautiful story. That makes me so happy and really inspired." Ariana says with a smile. I listen with a smile on my face and admire Ari the whole time.

This is something she's really passionate about and ready for. Seeing her so excited makes me so happy and melted.

"Thank you so, much. That means a lot. I'm so glad we can inspire people with our story." Mrs. Evans said smiling.

She gathered some binders and papers from her filing cabinet as her and Ariana talked a little bit more about it.

Ariana was in awe.

"Okay, so you two want to adopt. Have you looked into it and started doing any research?" she starts off, fixing some papers on her desk gently as she sits down.

"Yes, I have." Ariana says proudly.

"That's good! And are you two both ready for this responsibility? It's a huge step in one's relationship, especially adopting."

"Yes, ma'am. We are both ready. It's been a dream of both of ours for the longest time." Ariana said, giving me a look and I smile widely.

"It has and I don't think we've been so ready for anything else." I smile and nod. I sit up straight and professional but also keep Ariana close to me.

"That's good to hear. I'm glad you two are looking into this." she smiles and looks at a paper. "So, there is two different types of adoptions. There is a private adoption and of course, foster care. Private adoption is where the birth parents pick out the family that they want to adopt their child. Foster care, obviously is where the child is placed into a home of a certified care giver or a family member. So, you two will most likely be doing the private adoption."

We both nod and smile, looking at each other. I can tell Ariana is trying to hold back her excitement.

"I have our website pulled up. I will let you two look at it. Each child has a picture and a little story below to get to know them." Mrs. Evans said with a smile. She gives us her laptop to look at the website of their adoption center.

It lists the kids' names, shows a picture, and gives a little background.

"I'll give you two time to look. I'm going to go get some paperwork so I can make you two a binder to take home."

We nod with kind smiles and thank the lady as she gets up.

"You are very welcome. If you need anything, please feel free to ask!" she smiles and walks out of the room to go get what she needs.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so excited, baby! I can't believe it, it all seems surreal." Ariana says with happiness.

I smile at her as my heart melts. Seeing her so excited about this makes me truly happy.

Ariana is going to be a great mom.

We both look at the website, taking time to read over the children's stories and background. Some of them really hit deep and it made us open our eyes, knowing stuff like that happens daily around the world.

I'm truly glad we are looking into adoption because it's such a beautiful and an amazing thing anyone could ever do.

It changes a child's life.

After some time, we spend time talking to Mrs. Evans about everything and the process. She sat us up for another appointment by the end of next week.

It gives us some time to choose and think about everything.

She also fixed us a binder of paperwork about their company history, stories from people who have adopted and kids who have been adopted, and lots more.

*around 5pm*

Ariana and I decided to go out to eat for dinner tonight. We know a guy downtown who owns a very nice restaurant so he put us in a special room so we can eat alone.

Something we rarely get to do because we are constantly followed by the paps, catching our every move when we are out and about.

"Did you see any child that stuck out to you, baby?" I ask Ariana, eating my spaghetti.

"Yes! That little girl, Autumn from Texas." Ariana says happily and she adjusts herself in her seat.

"She is adorable. Her story really stuck out to me." I say and nod with a smile. "She's precious. What are you thinking?"

"I feel like she's meant to be ours. It's just a feeling I'm having, you know?" Ariana says with a smile.

"I know exactly what you mean, baby. I feel the same. We should look at her profile again when we get home." I smile and Ariana nods in agreement.

I think we found the child we want to adopt. And, I'm so excited.