Chiba x Hayami : Moonlit Strolls

Hayami Rinka.

Chiba had first met her in the end class. At first, he regarded her passively, taking note of her stoic face, not unlike his, and her orange hair which fit well with her emerald green eyes.

That had been before the moon exploded, leaving a gaping hole in its midst, causing its shape to form a permanent crescent. In the next week, Class 3-E was presented a new teacher: the supernatural being who claimed to have blown up the moon. The ministry of defense gave the class weapons, anti Sensei weapons. Knives, guns, grenades...

But Korosensei, the perverted octopus emoji teacher, was the best teacher any of the students could have ever asked for. Mr. Karasuma, the PE teacher, trained them on how to be assassins: how to fight, manipulate, shoot, parkour, you name it.

That was then when Chiba and Hayami started to spend more time together. They both because fast friends to the point where one could easily tell if the other was feeling down. It was to the point where they could literally read each other's thoughts, so it was nice when Karasuma deemed them both the best snipers in class, which meant they could spend more time together.

However, on more recent terms, Chiba'd began to notice the more subtle things about Hayami. Like the way she tugged at her hair when she was nervous, the way her face set when she was on a sniping attempt, the way her eyes looked whenever she smiled.

Hayami's smile...

Her eyes, as green as fresh blades of grass, would brighten, so unlike the calculating glances she usually would give. Her lips curled up softly, a welcome change from her usual stoic expression. It was like, for a moment, she was shining brighter than the sun.

Chiba knew he had to push those feelings away. They were sniping partners, and it would distract them from the assassination. But it was getting harder and harder to avoid his feelings each day...

"Chiba Ryuunosuke!" Hayami said loudly, waving her hands around his face. "Sorry, I was just thinking..." He said, rubbing the back of his neck apologetically. She just nodded. "I was asking you if you wanted to study at my place today."

He agreed, and together, they started walking towards Hayami's house.

————————————————————————

Hayami sat on her bed, having finished her last physics problem. Thanks to Chiba's  help, she's gotten the hang of the lesson.

Chiba...

Calm and stoic, although not as much as she was. But there was a softer, more gentler side to him. Like the time he hugged her. It was on the classes' trip to Kyoto, right after they'd found out what had happened to Kayano and Kanzaki.

Chiba had pulled Hayami in for a hug, his warmth flush against hers. Because of the fact that Chiba was a head taller than Hayami, her face was pressed against his shoulder.

"What's this for?"

Hayami felt warm and safe in his arms, the safest she'd felt in a long time. She felt so cared for and protected... she felt loved.

Chiba put his arms on her shoulders, holding her at arms length. "I'm just glad you're safe." He said simply, looking her in the eyes.