C H 4

I'm sorry about the long break. I got really caught up in school, but now it is summer time! So I hope y'all can forgive me and that you'll enjoy the chapter... little warning I typed all of this on my phone, so there might be some errors

17   YEARS   AGO

Standing in front of Capital West Bank at Main and Sixth, a news reporter introduces himself. The looming bank stands behind the man, as well as other witness to the scene going on.

"A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not three hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

Inside the bank, multiple men pace around. Some masked men watch over the hostages that had been captured, while others stood at guard waiting for the cops to storm in at any moment. The air in the building was tense as the fear of the innocent  hostages increased by the second.

A single man, the leader of the bank robbery, walks through the hall that leads to the main center of the bank. Holding a gun in his right and a walkie talkie to his left ear, he orders his men around, gesturing to them. "Hey, get them behind the counter!"

The alarm is blaring throughout the bank as the leader speaks to the person on the walkie talkie.

"Now you put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm?"

The man curses out loudly, as the plan he had created was going to complete shit. A young girl, Allison Hargreeves, Number Three, walks up from behind the angry man and stops besides him. He notices her quickly and turns to the young child wearing a domino mask.

"Hey, get back with the others." The man commands the girl as hostages and being separated and placed in different parts of the room. The girl looks up at the man, feeling no intimidation.

"I heard a rumor."

"What? What did you say?" The man asks, leaning down towards the girl.

"I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot." A glaze goes over the man's eyes as he cocks his gun and points it at his friend.

"Hey dude. What the hell?" The leader's friend voices his confusion before the man shoots him in the foot. The man falls to the ground and glass breaks, causing even more fear to rise in the hostages. They cower and scream as their hope to get out of the ugly situation diminishes.

Suddenly a man drops from the ceiling, bringing down the rain of glass with him. Dropping down with the man was young Luther Hargreeves, Number One. He punches the man and throws him away from himself and the hostages and out of the building.

Appearing from around the corner, Diego Hargreeves, Number Two, wields knives. The boy repeats the sentence he had practiced with his mother for many hours. "Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives."

He throws two knives at a man, knocking him into a wall. Quickly Allison, Diego, and Klaus surround the leader on the counter as he points a gun at the three. No fear is evident on their faces as they look up at the man. "Get back you freaks."

"Hey, be careful up there buddy," Diego calls out to the man mockingly. Luther stands by the hostages as a young girl with short hair looks over the hostages for signs of injury. Evelynn Hargreeves, Number Eight, wasn't one for fighting, so she let her siblings have their fun and took care of the people.