one. let's go back

One thing that Javier Peña loved most about Catalina Guerrero was that she didn't give a shit about the consequences

One thing that Javier Peña loved most about Catalina Guerrero was that she didn't give a shit about the consequences. She did her job and she did it perfectly. It almost seemed as if she was made for the job. Being a DEA agent had it's ups and downs, but Catalina did her job nonetheless. Even if she retired a few years ago.

Catalina's driver, a twenty five year old male named Jason, waited for Catalina outside her house in Washington. Jason got out to help her with her luggage. "Mornin' Cata," he greeted her.

"Mornin' J. How're the kids? Doing alright?" Catalina asked. Jason had two jobs at the moment. Being a driver by day and cleaning an office building by night. Every dollar was to keep both of his children in school and keep a roof over their heads. At the age of twenty, Jason had become a father of two and a widower.

"They're doing great. Megan is getting better and better at math. Luke, is getting there." Jason chuckled. "They miss you."

Catalina had known Jason for quite some time. She would visit the family when she had time and would bring presents for the kids. She even earned the title of 'Aunt Cat' after her fourth visit.

"Well I miss them." Catalina opened the passenger door, getting in and closed it. "Maybe I'll plan a birthday party while torturing someone. I know they're begging for a party."

Jason turned on the car and drove to Seattle-Tacoma international airport. "So that's the job, huh? What's next? Stabbing a criminal in the eyes for not telling you everything?" He joked, but frowned as he saw no reaction from Catalina.

"You want that answered?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Nevermind." Jason cleared his throat.

A few more minutes on the road and they arrived at the airport. Catalina got out of the car and looked over at Jason, who got the luggage out for her. "I'll call in a few days. I might not be here for months," she reached for an envelope from her back pocket with Jason's name on it. "Here. Open now or later. Your choice."

Jason grabbed the envelope. "You have no clue when you'll be back?"

"I'll call everyday if I can. I can't sleep at night knowing my two favorite kids haven't heard from their aunt." Cata smiled at Jason. She grabbed the handle of her suitcase and rolled it against the concrete. "Thank you, J."

"I'll be here when you get back." Jason smiled and extended his arms. "Don't think that you're leaving without a goodbye hug!"

Catalina playfully rolled her eyes and hugged Jason. They let go after several seconds. "I have to go. Say goodbye to Meg and Luke for me."

"I will. Be safe." Jason said before Catalina walked away. He took the opportunity to open the envelope with his name printed on it and saw a check for six thousand dollars. He checked if there was anything else and saw a small note inside with her handwriting.

I know the life you're living is tiring. So here's my contribution to it. Save it. Spend it. It's yours and don't even think about returning it. I won't accept it. Maybe even buy that nice watch you've been wanting. It'll look good on your wrist.

C.G

🥀

[ btw if the letters are in italics that means my mans steve is narrating, but when we get to season 3 it's gonna be javi or maybe I'll throw in cata ]

🥀

There was one woman who knew more about cartels than I did. And her name is Catalina Guerrero. Some people thought that just because she was a woman, she didn't know shit. But she knew what she was getting herself into. Her dad worked with narcos behind her back while she worked with us good guys. Mom's whereabouts, unknown. That's certainly didn't stop her from putting her old man in a cell. Her younger sister, Ruby, had recently retired from the Colombian government. Her brother in law? Now He gave a shit about narcos.

she had the reputation of the woman who betrayed her family. But she didn't give a fuck. Not when her dad did cocaine in front of her.

Catalina walked through the doors of a bar. A few people giving her stares. She took of her sunglasses and placed them on top of her head.

"Cata!" She heard Carrillo's voice.

She walked over to a table where Carrillo was sitting. "You haven't change a bit." She chuckled at him.

"What's make you say you haven't either? Still in Seattle?" He grabbed a chair for her to sit.

"I like Seattle. It's nice. You should come visit me one day. It does get lonely when I have no one to talk to over there." Cata smiled at her friend.

"One day. But that's not what I'm here to talk about. . . " Carrillo lowered his voice. "I know you said that you were done with this but I do need some assistance."

After putting Manuel, her father, behind bars, Cata swore that she would never speak about it. She happily retired and went back to the states and bought a nice house in Seattle where she remained stress free. Until she received a call from Carrillo.

"I only came here because you're my friend."

Carrillo knew how hard it was for her to even work after the events that made her retire. She was still trying to hold her life together. Piece by piece, slowly, she managed to successfully get her old life back.

"And I will forever be grateful for that. I'm sorry I have to put you through this again." Carrillo took out a cigarette and lit it.

"And what is it exactly that you're dealing with?"

"You'll see."