48

48

Lalisa

How do you love someone and just.... walk away? just like that. You just, go on as normal... you get up, get dressed, go to work.. how can you do that? How can you be okay with that?

Nung gabing nagmaka'awa ako kay Jennie na balikan niya ako.... Sabi ko sa sarili ko na yun na yung huling beses na magmamakaawa ako sa isang tao just to stay with me. Pinangako ko sa sarili ko na, yung sakit na nararamdaman ko kay Jennie... yun yung gagamitin kong inspirasyon para makabangon akong muli. That night she killed me. No weapons. No bloodshed. Just five words. "I don't love you anymore." The way she left things with me.... after everything that we've been through together, gave me all of the closure I needed.

But I realized na when you're dreaming with a broken heart pala, Waking up is the hardest part. Araw araw, tinatanong ko yung sarili ko kung bakit niya ako nagawang iwan. Am I not enough? Bawat araw na lumipas, pakiramdam ko nabubuhay nalang ako kasi wala akong choice. Yung pangarap ko dati na maging Doctor.... ngayon parang wala na lang sakin. To the point na, I almost lost my scholarship because I failed some of my subjects. But Sir Yang gave me another chance and that is also one of the biggest question in my life...... Why? Why did he gave me another chance? Why does he have to say that?

Flashback

I was in the office of the head officer of the medicine building with Dr. Cruz. Sabi nila they want to talk to me about my scholarship. Eto na ba yun? Will I finally go back to the Philippines? Like I want to? Almost 2 years na ako dito sa Korea and I never did good. Parang pumunta lang akong Korea para tumakas sa kanya.

"Lisa, ano bang nangyayari sayo? This isn't you. Kung may problema ka, you can always tell me naman hindi yung ganito. Your scholarship is on the rock, Lisa. Sir Yang said he wants to talk to you." Dr. Cruz said.

Tanggap ko na. Tanggap ko na na wala na yung scholarship ko. Na hindi ko na matutupad kahit kailan yung pangarap ko dahil sa katangahan ko.

Pumasok ako sa office ni Sir Yang. There he was, sitting on his swivel chair. Looking serious as ever.

"Hi, Sir. I...." I just stand in front of him. No words seems to come out of my mouth. I was embarrased.

"Please. Sit down." I did what he said. I sat in front of him. Looking down.

"How are you?" As soon as he asked that, I looked up to meet him.

"I'm... I'm good, Sir."

"Are you sure? Mukhang hindi naman yun ang nalaman ko. Ms. Manoban, I know you have a problem, everyone does. I have so much high expectations from you."

Good bye, Scholarship. Good bye, Med.

"I'm... I'm sorry sir. I understand if you want to stop sponsoring me. It's all my fault."

"You are smart, Ms. Manoban. And I know you're a good person. You just need to focus on yourself a little more. I believe in you, Lisa-ssi. If you really want to be successful, then prove to me I'm wrong. Because maybe... just maybe... matanggap kita."

Hindi ko alam kung bakit sinasabi sa akin ito ni Sir Yang ngayon. And what does he mean by "matanggap kita"? Matanggap sa trabaho?

"Does that mean-"

"Yes, Ms. Manoban. I'm giving you another chance. But this is the last. So you better work hard. Prove to me that you are worthy enough."