Chapter Sixteen

A/N: Hey guys. I'm going to start answering a lot of unknown questions in the next few chapters. And don't worry, our two favourite girls are going to be together VERY soon! Hope you like this chapter and sorry it took so long! I appreciate those who have stuck around. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

“And… action!” Jade called from behind the camera. Tori took her cue and crept through a makeshift corridor which had borrowed portraits hanging up on the walls; she was determined to make this the best acting she’d ever done.

“H-hello?” Tori called out, peering around the dark corner wearing a mask of fright on her face. A loud bang (it was really Jade slamming her hand against a table) caused Tori to squeal and spin around. “Who’s there? Show yourself!”

Jade ran down the opposite side wall of the corridor and knocked all the paintings down which caused Tori to scream even louder. As indicated in her script, Tori started to jog down the corridor, breathing heavily and glancing from side to side. In a few minutes she would reach the end and a masked figure would jump out at her… and sure enough Jade leapt out from the shadows wearing a black hood and a plain white mask, much like the one Jason from Friday the 13th wears. Tori’s character almost wets herself from fright…

“Cut!”

Tori’s grimace of terror melted into a smug grin and she exited the stage into the Black Box Theatre where Jade was fiddling around with the camera, determined not to look at Tori.

“Well?” Tori demanded putting her hands on her hips. “How was that?”

“I can work with it,” Jade murmured into the camera but a telltale smile was playing on her lips.

“It was great and you know it,” Tori boasted and sat down on a chair behind Jade. Her eyes roamed the raven-haired beauty’s body and rested on her rear end causing Tori to bite her lip. These past few days had been torture for the brunette. The moment they had arrived from Yerba the two girls had been extremely placid with one another; too polite and too robotic. Tori felt like they needed to talk. There were too many unsaid feelings that needed to be raised but Jade seemed determined not to address them. The girls had dived into their assignment as it was due in three days but the project had left them little time to chat about anything and Tori was getting restless. There were at least a hundred questions on Tori’s mind and she felt like she was going to burst.

“Jade, when are we going to get the chance to go over things?” Tori asked abruptly. Jade’s back stiffened as it always did when Tori brought this question up.

“Vega, what is there to talk about?” she sighed turning around to face the brunette who was now scowling.

“What isn’t there to talk about?” Tori exclaimed. “For starters, everything that happened at Yerba-!”

“Why can’t we just pretend that Yerba didn’t exist?” Jade interrupted.

“Because it did exist!” Tori replied fiercely. “And so did our dance and that night when you cuddled me-”

“Stop.” Jade’s eyes were alight with a burning emotion too complex for Tori to unravel. The girl looked angry, scared and unsure of herself, her hands balled into fists. Tori suddenly felt anger spike up her own spine as she glared down the girl in front of her. Jade had no reason whatsoever to be feeling angry with her. After all it was Jade who had initiated that dance and that cuddle, that neck kiss… She was being unfair and Tori was prepared to put her foot down.

“I’m sick of this,” Tori said quietly. “I don’t understand why you’re angry with me when I have done nothing wrong. You know how I feel about you and you still did all of those things. If anything it should be me that’s angry! You’re playing with my feelings!”