will you go out with me?

ray has liked nate for the longest time and he really wants to ask nate on a date but he's scared he will get rejected. ray is currently pacing around in his room, holding a bouquet of flowers in his hands. until his bedroom door slides open and he yelps and tries to hide the flowers under the bed.

"hey buddy... what's going on?" it was nate of course it was ray was slightly sweating from the pressure.

"oh uh hi im fine nate." ray tried to act as casual as possible.

"ok well im going to be in the library if you need me." nate said and sent ray a casual wink then left, ray let out a big sigh that he was holding in and got the flowers from under the bed.

ray decided to go ask sara for help because her and ava were possibly the best couple to ever exist, he actually came up with their ship name; avalance. ray left the flowers on top of his bed and searched around the ship for sara, he found her in the galley with john, mick and charlie.

"hey uh sara can i um talk to you for a minute, alone please?" ray asked awkwardly causing for the rest to look at him strangely.

"sure ray." sara replied and they walked to the parlour.

"so, what did you need to talk to me about? you seemed kind of flustered in the galley." sara questioned as she said down in a chair.

"i uh need your help with um some dating advice??" ray said in more of a question than an answer.

"mhmm who's the lucky man?" she asked.

"it's uh na- wait how do you know it's a man?" ray asked her with his eyebrow raised.

"oh ray your an open book." sara smirked.

"what i uh?" ray couldn't come up with an excuse this time.

"your an open book with your major crush on nate, everyone knows it. well expect nate." sara said and ray groaned.

"can you just help me or what? i want to um ask him on a date." ray blushed slightly.

"ahh the old first date, i remember that day with ava like it was yesterday." sara laughed.

"well where do you plan on taking him?" she asked.

"um nothing too fancy just maybe a walk in the park or something i don't know sara, help me!" ray exclaimed.

"alright, alright. now when it comes to asking someone out, you can do it anyway you like. let's practice, pretend im nate and your yourself okay? go." sara said.

"hi uh sara would you like to go out with me?" ray asked and sara facepalmed.

"your not asking me out ray remember!" sara exclaimed and ray shook his head.

"right sorry i forgot." ray replied and tried again.

"hi um nate i uh, would you like to uh go out with me?" ray asked.

"that's good ray! now you just need to go find him. i believe in you ok? good luck." sara said and kissed ray's cheek and left him standing there.

"go!!" sara called since ray wasn't moving from his spot.

"yeah right!" ray called back and scattered back to his room.

nate's pov
i was heading to ray's room because i was going to ask him for advice on how to ask someone out, but the person i want to ask out is him. i have no idea how to ask him.

i reach his room and walk inside and i don't see him, all i see is a boquete of flowers on his bed. i wondered who they were for, i heard footsteps coming closer to the room and im guessing its ray so i ran and hid in his closet. yes i know i chose the weirdest place to hide, once i got in i took a big whiff of ray. everything smelt like ray and it was like i was in heaven. i was admiring the smell until i heard the room door open, i peeked out the crack of the closet door and i saw ray. he sat down on his bed and he started speaking to himself.

"okay ray you got this. believe in yourself and hope he will say yes." ray says to himself and picks up the boquete of flowers that was laying on the bed. ray stared deeply into the flowers, and stood up.

"now i just need to find nate." ray stated and when he said my name my eyes widened. what was he looking for me for? he did say 'i hope he will say yes' what was he going to ask me? i made a risky move and opened the closet door a little more but it made a big 'creak' sound and ray's head looked over to where i was.

"hello? is someone there?" he asked and i didn't say anything so he shrugged it off and was about to step out of the room before i jumped out of the closet.

"wait ray!!" i yelled and his head snapped over and looked at me.

"nate? what are you doing in my closet?" he asked confused.

"i uh i came in here to ask you something but i-" i couldn't make up an excuse.

"oh no, you heard everything i said." ray mumbled and i locked eyes with him.

"ray whatever you want to ask me, ask away." i said.

"oh um i was just going to uh ask you if you want to maybe goonadatewithme??" he said the last the part really fast and i couldn't understand what he said.

"hey big guy speak a little slower i couldn't understand what you said at the end." i put a hand on his shoulder and it made him flinch a bit.

"will you go out with me?" he asked in barely above a whisper but i heard it and i had the biggest smile on my face.

"hey ray look at me." he was looking down at the ground, i lifted his chin up with my finger so he was looking me in the eyes. i leaned in slowly and kissed his soft lips quickly and then separated.

"does that answer your question?" i asked and he nodded happily and he kissed me softly which made me smile.

i was going to like this.