Goodbye, Goblin King

~~~~~~~<>~<3~<>~~~~~~~

Valadhiel sat on the cold stone floor, Fili on one side of her, Kili on the other side, and Thorin in front of her. Her good wing was folded behind her, and her broken wing was sprawled out behind her, hanging limp. She shivered a little and sighed. They had been down here for a little while, a couple of days now, and each day her wing only hurt more. Thorin, guided by Oin, had been able to set it, and there was a rag tied around it- the lower part of her shirt, leaving her lower belly, bellybutton included, exposed. There were also rips in the back of her shirt from the whip a couple days before.

Despite not having any way to clean the wounds, Valadhiel got no infections, being part elf, and her wing was already healing, as were the wounds from the whip. Not only was she elven, but she was also dragon, and dragons were well known for their incredible healing abilities.

The other dwarves were in the other cells, as they weren't wanted by Azog and the Black Dragon. They would most likely be killed once Thorin, Fili, Kili, and Valadhiel had been handed over to the Pale Orc. Thorin, across from her at the barred door, was listening to the other dwarves' conversations, though he wasn't doing a lot of talking. He was thinking about what Valadhiel had told them about how she knew the Great Goblin. She had been traveling this way seven years before, apparently, and had been captured. Thanks to a creature named Gollum, she escaped. He was also thinking about Azog, back when he killed his grandfather.

After a moment, Valadhiel stood and began pacing in an agitated sort of way. Not only was Night Fury allied with Azog, but Azog was undoubtedly on his way here to not only kill the remaining heirs of Durin, but to bring her to the Black Dragon so that she could be killed. She, too, was being killed because of her royal bloodline.

"Vala, what's wrong?" Kili asked after a moment, standing up as he looked at her in concern. "You should really be resting."

"I can't believe that Azog is still out there." Valadhiel growled in response, ignoring the next comment that Kili made. "When I see him again, I'll kill him. I swear it!"

"Who is this Night Fury, lass?" Bofur asked after a moment of solemn silence, looking between the bars of the cell he was in.

Valadhiel sighed a little and quit her pacing, sitting down on the floor once again. "Well, he's a dragon who wants me dead." She replied, speaking slowly as she tried to decide whether or not she should tell them she was technically royal. Only Bilbo and Balin knew, as they hadn't old anyone else.

"We gathered that, but why?" Fili replied in question, looking at her with a furrowed brow. What was she hiding?

"Well... that would be because..." Valadhiel trailed off, then she closed her eyes and swallowed before she continued. "He wants to be the next ruler of the dragons, and he doesn't want to have to worry about me returning to reclaim my rightful place as queen." She glanced around to see everyone either staring in surprise or gaping, then she shifted uncomfortably and kept her eyes averted.

"You're... royal?" Thorin asked slowly and quietly, looking at her in surprise. He scooted a little closer so that she would, hopefully, stop looking at the ground and look up at him.

"Why didn't you say anything before, Vala?" Kili and Fili asked in unison.

Valadhiel gave a light shrug, then cringed a little when her wounds stung because of the movement. She then looked at Kili, Fili, and Thorin. "I didn't want any of you to know I was royal. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not. I never wanted to be a ruler, and I never asked to be one. But I'll become one if it keeps the few remaining dragons from being ruled by a tyrant such as Night Fury. He doesn't want me to rule because I could bring peace between elves, dragons, and skinchangers, and he claims another reason I can't rule is because I'm a mixed breed."