Chapter 8

Genova's Point Of View

' Because I lik- Hey guys what are you doing out here ? ' Shawn asked running up to us completely cutting Matt off. ' Oh uh we got kicked out of class didn't you see ? ' I asked Shawn. ' Uh no I was late today, just signed in actually ' he finished explaining pulling Matt and I both up walking towards the entrance.

' Hey Matt have you signed up for the assessment notification ? ' Shawn asked Matt making his eyes go wide. ' Oh shit no I haven't I gotta go I have to sign up before second period ' Matt rushed running off into the west wing. Once he was out of sight I turned towards Shawn who was leaned up against the lockers picking at his nails.' Did you seriously have to do that ? ' I spoke annoyed. ' Do what ? ' Shawn smiled rocking at his heels.

' Oh cut the crap Mendes who put you up to that ? was it Cameron ? was he in my mind again and heard where our conversation was going so he sent you to stop it ? ' I sternly said. ' Okay Gen relax if Cameron did that he would physically have to find me around the school and if he went to go find me there's no point in doing that cause that would waste time ' Shawn explained.

' Then why did you have to bud in our conversation ? ' I asked crossing my arms. ' Because Cameron is my best friend, so I have to make sure his mate stays in her place so he doesn't get hurt ' Shawn muttered towering over me. ' Im not gonna hurt him ' I whispered feeling intimidated by Shawn.

' Gen you know I respect you so you don't have to be scared of me, I'm just saying this kid isn't some random; you feel something for him I can see it. Im just here to remind you that Cameron is your mate someone who your destined to be with so what ever it is you have with this boy drop it ' Shawn finished speeding away.

I stood there dumbfounded; as much I was in denial I knew Shawn was right. I was attracting myself to this boy I barely knew and there's Cameron who forever stays loyal to me. If this doesn't stop Im gonna hurt Cam.. I can't do that. Without even realising it Matt had already made his way back towards me. ' Hey babe ' Matt smiled pulling up next to me. ' Hey Matt ' I muttered before the school bell rung ending first period.

Mind Conversation between Genova and Cameron

Cameron: Babe what do you mean babe ?

Gen: It's nothing Cam drop it

Cam:Its not nothing if he's calling you babe

Gen: It doesn't matter Cam I didn't even say it back. Your my mate don't forget it.

Cam: Well I don't feel comfortable with him calling you that only I should be calling you that

Gen: If I'm being honest Cameron I have no idea why the universe made us mates.

Cam: Well that hurt

Gen: Okay I didn't mean it that way

Cam: Than what did you mean ?

Gen: I d-don't know

Cam: Okay I wont hold that against you but side note you know your father has always been happy of me being YOUR mate .

Gen: Yeah I know he doesn't let me hear the last of it.

Cam: If he finds out your with this human he will rip him to shreds and I wont stop it

Gen: I know you wont, but my father should not hear a word of him, he's no one important

Cam: He better not be, I will not be played with

...

' Hey Jess could I talk to you about something ? ' I asked as we sat alone at our lunch table. ' Of course you can what's up ? ' Jess asked adverting her whole attention on me. ' Hold on one second' I mumbled screwing my eyes shut concentrating for a second before opening my eyes again. ' Uh what was that ? ' she asked looking at me wide eyed.

' I was just blocking Cameron out of my head, don't really want him listening to this ' I explained folding my arms. ' Okay now shoot ' Jess mumbled. ' So remember that time at the party how I as freaking out cause I said there was something about Matt did you just agree with me since Cameron was there or do you really feel something ? ' I whispered.

Jess looked at me with sad eyes glancing down at her twiddling hands before actually answering me. ' I wasn't lying Genova I actually feel something on him. I don't know what it is but there's something very wrong. He smells very normal like other mortals but he doesn't feel the same.

Jessica's Flashback

' Hey Jessica can you get 5 more cans of coke please ? ' Cameron called out as I walked through the back door. ' Uh yeah sure ' I muttered speeding to the fridge. I retrieved 6 cans balancing them within my arms ready to close the fridge shut but that was before the back door sung open once more flashing a sweaty Matt. ' Yo Jess hold up let me grab one ' Matt chuckled jogging up to mr before placing his hand on my forearm for support. I suddenly glanced down at his hand my arms going completely limb making all the drinks slam to the ground all erupting with impact. His hand sent a cold, numb, painful wave throughout my body starting from his grip. I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head where white flashed towards vision. I don't know If I was even conscious at this point but I knew Matt was the cause of this episode. His insides transferred to me... He was cold. He was dark.. He was unknown...

Jessica's Point Of View

' Jessica are you okay ? ' Genova asked looking concerned. ' Uh yeah sorry I was zoned out ' I muttered. ' What did you flash to ? ' Genova asked knowing that I had a flashback; usually happens when I stare into space for a while. ' Nothing it's just I remembered this time that I completely forgot about ' I answered. ' What was is about ? ' Gen asked. ' It was about Matt, this was the time we were at Taylor's, I was getting a drink for everyone but Matt jogged inside catching up trying to grab a drink before the door closed but in order to do that he had to hold onto my arm.. when he did my body just felt like it shut down.. His grip was cold, It was dark, It was lonely. T-there's something about Matt that he is hiding or doesn't know about a-and for the first time Im worried.. for all our safety..