9 | Dark Lady (3)

"Excited?Nervous?Scared?" Steve says with a smirk plastered on his face as we make our way into the plane.

"I guess you can say all of them?" I say looking at the floor.

Suddenly a gentle hand was on my shoulder and gives me a reasurring squeeze. I look up and make eye contact with Steve. His blue eyes captivating mine.

"You'll be fine" He says with a warm smile. I nod in reply.

☆☆☆☆

After about a 3 hour trip of Tony complaining, we finally arrive at our destination. Butterflies swarm my stomach as I realise I am going into a battle. It's natural, I get it everytime. But for some reason this felt different. Making our way out the plane, my eyes widen in shock. The place was a disaster. Looking around, I start to tear up. Bodies were sprawled everywhere, covered in dirt and blood. Fires lit up the sky and released smoke, making it hard to breath. A gunshot echoed in the distance.
I turn to see Cap pick up his shield. He had aggresion and anger in his eyes.

"That's are guy" He says through gritted teeth.

I gulp and grap my gun from my belt and follow behind Captain America.

The teams broke off in their groups, each looking for this mysterious villian. I knew very well that, whoever they are, they will be very dangerous. Don't lose each other.

I feel a hot tear quickly slide off my cheek as I see a family huddled together. I notice Steve give them a nod. The mother gave a small smile in return. She knew why we were here.

☆☆☆☆

The gunshot gets louder as we get closer and the lump in my throat get bigger.

"You okay Y/N" Steve turns to me. He stops so abruptly, I nearly bump into him.

"Yeah" I say. I'm such a bad liar.

"Y/N, I know when you lie. You're not very good at it" He say with a chuckle.

Curse his amazingness.

"I just--" I say with a sigh, "I'm scared"

He tilts his head to the side slightly. I look at the floor but after a few seconds I feel two fingertips lift my chin up.

"You'll be fine" He whispers with a smile, for the second time today.

Suddenly a loud bang and scream makes us both turn on our heels.

Steve furrows his eyebrows and looks straight into the distance.

"Lets go get this son of a bitch" He mutters.

^^^ ;))))

How can he go into kill mode so easily?

☆☆☆☆

My legs kill me. I swear to god, why did we land the plane so far away?
As I take another step, a hand grabs my wrist and pushes me to the ground, dragging me out of my thoughts. I look up in worry to see Cap with a finger over his lips, indicating me to 'shhh'.
Muffled voices are all I can hear. Angry ones.

"That's them" Steve mouths.

My heart starts to beat faster.

I step closer to take a look over the ledge but a 'snap' comes from under my shoe. I look down to see that I stepped on a twig.

Typical.

"What's that?" I hear them say, clearer this time.

Without warning Steve throws his shield towards them. It gracefully flies though the air and then collides into the two men.

Steve jumps over the ledge and runs at them leaving me stunned at the recent events.
Mentally slapping myself, I remind myself that I have a job to do.

I hop over and sprint towards the man who managed to duck Cap's shield. He stares at me and a smirk rises.Anger boils inside me. Oh you just wait.

He goes for a punch but I slide along the floor and grab one of his ankles, making him fall to the floor with a groan. Standing back up, I dust myself off and look back at the man with the same expression he had previously. He stares in awe before snapping back into reality. His eyes turn darker and he slowly picks himself up.

We both charge at one another. I was the one to throw the first punch. It connects with his jaw with such force. Blood oozes slowly out of the corner of his mouth. Grabbing my other wrist, the man pulls it towards his face. I jump up and kick his stomach which sends his body flying. Before I reach the ground, I stick my hands out and gracefully do a back hand spring.

I turn to see Cap knocking the other guy with one last punch. He makes his way back to me.

"Well tha-" I start before he puts a hand up.

"Pardon me" Steve interrupts me by throwing the shield behind me. I hear a groan in pain and then silence.

"Thanks" I say with a giggle. He smiles back while dusting himself off.

♡♡♡

Sorry this took awhile to make, I had exams and just finished them the other day! I hope you enjoy this, I heard a song about girl power which motivated me to write!
I hope you got my endgame sentence ;)