16 | Rain?

I feel a pair or strong arms around wrap around my waist and pull me closer. I twist around to come face to face to two beautiful blue eyes.

"You're back" I say putting my head in the crook if his neck. He kisses my shoulder and strokes my hair.

"I'm back" Steve replys with a chuckle.

"And I'm taking you out" He says.

"And may I ask where?" I say looking at him with a huge smile.

It's been awhile since we've gone out. Just the two of us.

"It's a surprise. Go and chat with Nat for 10 minutes and then I'll pick you up" He says releasing me from his embrace.

Raising my eyebrow, I do as I was told. Running down the hallway I see my bestfriend walk out of her apartment.

"NAT" I scream sprining towards her.

"Y/N" She yells, beaming.

We both crash into each other and collapse into a fit of laughter on the floor.

"If this isn't friendships goals, then I don't know what is" Clint says mumbling as he steps over us.

"Aw Clint, do you want a hug?" I say trying to do my best puppy eyes.

Clint looks horrified and races down the hall and shuts his door with a BAM.

"Rude" I say with a chuckle.

☆☆☆☆

A light knocking sound comes from the door.

"I bet that's Steve" I say getting up to answer it.

Sure enough, I open the door to see a smiling Steve holding a basket.

"oh my god are we having a picnic!?" I say with excitement.

He nods and I see his cheeks blush.

"Bye Nat" I shout.

"Stay safe" She replies with an air kiss.

☆☆☆☆

We make out way to central park, hands in hands. A few clouds covered the sky but that didn't worried us the slightest. I lay the blanket on the floor and wait as Steve unpacks the basket.

"Your favourite" He says passing me a sandwich wrapped in tinfoil.

"Thank you" I say taking it from his hand with a smile.

We both lay on the ground looking up to the sky.

"I thought it was going to be sunny today" He says sighing as we notice a dark grey cloud coming towards us.

"They never get the weather right" I say with a chuckle.

Soon enough, tiny droplets of water trickled my skin untill the became bigger and dropped more frequent.

"Steve-" I say looking up.

We both scream as the heavens open. Within seconds, Steve and I were both were drenched. Steve crosses his arms and eyerolls annoyed.

I feel bad for him. This is the first time we've seen each for weeks and our date is ruined. Or so we thought.

I grab his arm and pull him away from our basket and belongs. We reach an open spot he stares at me confused.

"Wha-" He stutters before I interrupt him.

I throw my arms everywhere and twirl in the rain.

"Don't just stand there"

Steve walks over chuckling and lifts me up so we are face to face.

"Thank you rain" Steve says. I roll my eyes laughing.

He leans in and we kiss. This kiss was different, it felt magical. The sweet sound of rain, the sensation of the droplets on our skin. I loved it.

Yeah, thank you rain.