Part 14

The main hall was overly crowded and reeked of beer, alcohol and body sweat.

I wondered why people put themselves through this.

Sigh.

There were a few smaller halls by the corners, playing different music. It was clever of the club; they could cater to people of different genres.

We stopped near the bar and ordered some drinks.

The guys were still with us.

"So you girls are from which school?" The guy with light brown hair whom I thought was Trent asked.

"Witchery High," Amanda was looking around the place and dancing to the beat of the music.

"Oh man, we are rivals in basketball! Do you know Tyler Hunt?" Trent was shouting over the music.

Upon hearing Tyler's name, I peeked up to our group, curious to hear what they had to say.

"Yes, of course, he is our school basketball star player. You guys from Kentridge?" Amanda lifted her brow mischievously.

Why didn't she just tell them he was her brother?

"Yeah, we are in the basketball team," another guy with blond hair answered.

Taking a good look at them, the three of them did indeed look like basketball players; with towering heights though not as huge as Tyler.

Trent was the one with light brown hair and green eyes, wearing a white tee and navy blue sports jacket. The blonde with gray eyes was wearing a black fitting tee with black windbreaker and the last guy with dark brown hair and blue eyes was having a white tee

with skinny blue jeans on him.

I tended to notice what people wore coz I'm into clothes and these guys were quite well versed in their dress sense.

I was so engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn't notice the blonde looking at me with what seemed like interest flickering in his eyes.

Oh no, please don't talk to me.

Blushing, I found an excuse to go to the washroom, escaping from the group.

There were sweaty bodies dancing against each other and I averted my eyes at some couples making out like nobodies business.

It was a chore to finally get to the bathroom and the queue was long; girls were waiting outside as well.

One jerk bumped into me and spilled a sickly sweet liquid over my arm.

WTH. He didn't even apologise before swaggering away.

Bummer.

It was finally my turn and the bathroom reeked badly of vomit and urine when I stepped in.

Holding my breath, again I thought about why people came here to put themselves through this....

Splashing water on my flushed face, I re-applied my cheery lip gloss and checked the mirror before I went out to the dance floor again.

They were still playing the same kind of thumping music and I couldn't resist the urge to place my hands over my bursting ear drums.

I was feeling dizzy at this overcrowded and confined place.

Walking through the sweating bodies rubbing off each other, I spotted Sherry and Missy going towards the bathroom.

Oops, they were here as well, it was better not to let them spot me.