Chapter Five - Not The Best Person

Dean had finally annoyed Sam with his constant talking about the impala, although in his defence it was a pretty amzing car and he could never get bored of his baby.

"I'm getting sick of hearing about the impala Dean, no offence." Sam muttered, who had been teying to read his book for the last thirty minues but Dean had prevented him from doing so.

"Fine," Dean pouted, but smiled a moment later. "I'll go meet up with Cas and talk to him."

Sam looked up at him. "Dean just so you know, he's not the best person." He warned hoping Dean would take notice.

Dean shrugged. "Neither am I."

Sam sighed. "You are a good person Dean, stop putting yourself down."

"Yeah, that's why dad left." He murmured to himself.

"It was not your fault" Sam protested, standing up to face Dean.

"Really Sam? Because it wasn't yours, in his eyes I'm a failure, in my own eyes I'm a failure, I grew up hearing the words 'keep Sam safe' and I didn't mind, because you're my little brother, and I listened to him, I done as I was told, I tried to make him proud, but now he's gone, and why? Because I'm a failure, then all this crap happened and he gave up on me, and soon enough you'll gave up and so will Bobby." He yelled.

Sam opened his mouth to argue but Dean cut him off "don't." He mumbled, he didn't wait for Sam to say anything he turned on his heel and walked out of the house, he got into his new car and drove off, he pulled in near a pier and sighed, he hit his head on the steering wheel with a groan.

He'd fucked everything up, he always did, whatever happened he screwed it up, he just wanted a normal life, he didn't want to upset everybody around him like he was doing currently.

Dean sighed and got out of the car, he made his way down to the edge of the pier and dangled his feet off the edge, he closed his eyes trying to blank out the world around him.

"Dean?" a familiar voice questioned from behind him

Dean glanced up a red headed girl. "Charlie." He murmured.

"Hey, it's been a while." She smiled.

He simply nodded. He'd stopped talking to Charlie after his most recent problem. Charlie seemed like a great, cheerful person and he didn't want to pull her down.

"Can I sit with you?"

He shrugged. "Whatever." He mumbled.

She sighed and sat beside him. "How are you?"

"Shit." he mumbled.

She smiled sadly. "I heard you were coming back to school soon."

Dean nodded. "I think I'll be back next month, probably." He muttered.

Charlie smiled. "Stick with me, I was in most of your classes anyway."

"That's probably a bad idea, I'm the school's pyschopath."

"I don't care what everybody else thinks of you, I'm gonna stick with you."

Dean smiled. "Thanks."

"Charlie," a voice called "where the hell are you?" The voice seemed familiar.

"Over here, Castiel." She yelled, not looking away from Dean.

Two minutes later a boy in a trench coat to big for him was walking down the pier, Dean couldn't help but smilew hen he saw him.

"Dean?" he mumbled, smiling slightly.

"Cas." Dean grinned, looking up at Castiel.

"How are you after the other day?" He asked.

"Fine, thanks for taking me home."

"That's fine," he grinned and sat beside him "how come you ran off Charlie?" he questioned

"Saw Dean looking lonely and thought I'd come talk to him." Charlie smiled.

"Hate to break it up, but if I don't get you home in fifteen minutes, your mum will kill me and we walked here."

"Damn." Charlie sighed.

"I can drive you." Dean spoke up.

"You have a car?" Cas questioned.

Dean nodded "Bobby gave it to me, its a '67 impala."

They nodded and Dean led them to his car, it took five minutes for Dean to drop off Charlie, he looked at Cas.

"Where do you live?"

Cas gulped, looking away from Dean. "Umm... I'm staying with Gabriel at the moment, you know the way to the Novak's house don't you."

Dean nodded and made his way towards the Novak's house. He drove in silence before Castiel looked at him.

"You don't have to tell me Dean, but I was wondering, why did you leave school?"

Dean sighed. "That's a story for another time Cas, don't mention it again, please." His knuckles turned white on the steering wheel, he didn't want to lose Cas just yet, by telling him his past.

"That's fine, but why does Gabriel know?"

Deans hrugged. "He was staying at out house one night with Sam and found out, now stop talking about it." He snapped, parking the car in the Novak's driveway.

Castiel sighed and got out of the car. 'I'll see you soon Dean."

Dean nodded and watched as Castiel walked inside.

-

Vote, Comment, Follow