The Wish

-Shen Wei-

It was early in the morning when Ye Zun, second son of the wealthy Shen family walked inside his twin brother's room to see him already in action, stubbornly decided to go to the country side, in which there was a temple that could grant people's wishes, in a special night of a year. 

The idea had been suggested by a monk his brother encounter while exercising in a nearby park yesterday and apparently, after thinking it over the night, Shen Wei told him, just a few minutes ago, that he will be going to the local festival and that he was in charge of their parents company for a few weeks, while he was on vacation.

"This is maddening Gege... how could you took the word of a passing monk seriously?" Ye Zun asked as he watched in frustration as his brother packed his things, to go on a trip to the country side.

"It's not really because the monk told me to make a wish in that temple, it's more because I need something to fill that void that keeps me from fully enjoying life." Shen Wei said, as he keep on with his task.

"But you are still the CEO of the company and there is still a lot to do here." Ye Zun protested.

"I had done more than enough for our parents company. No one can blame me for taking vacations. Mother even suggested it a few months back, you know that."

"Ah, but that was because you where overworking yourself... look, Gege, I know you need the rest, but you can have a wonderful time here in Dragon City... just stay in the city and relax in one of the hotels. I guarantee, you will be as good as new in no time."

"Didi... this is more than a time to rest the body, it's also a time to give peace to my soul." Shen said, taking the time to look at his brother. 

"You have a few lovers in your life, so I don't think you will understand how is like to yearn for someone it may only exist in dreams. Someone you know it means the world to you, but you don't know who. You miss it, you need it, you want it, but you don't even clearly see the face, nor the name. This void had been eating me alive for long enough... I don't know if this countryside festival is real or not, if it grant me peace, it will be more than worthy."

"And what difference will it make if it was pure nonsense? It can be fake, you know? I mean, the monk you encounter in the park and the unknown festival. You are so smart Gege, but sometimes you can be naïve too." Shen sighed.

"Call me a fool then, still I'm going Ye Zun. You are more than capable to lead the company until my return... we all know you are even better than me..."

"Don't said that, Shen Wei, it's not true." His brother insisted.

"Yes it is... we both know that my true interest lies somewhere else than to lead a company." Shen said as he closed his suitcase.

"Please Gege, reconsider..."

"I'm sorry Didi... somehow this feels right. It's like I had been waiting thirty-two years for this night. Please understand, I had never asked something for me, ever since we were adopted, because we were lucky enough to be chosen by a rich couple that love us... but I have this urge, this feeling that tells me I need to go to that small town before nightfall and that whatever may happen there, will change my life forever. I did hesitate for most of the night because of you and mother, but I need this, Didi." Shen looked at his other half, so seriously and Ye Zun didn't have any other choice but to resign himself to be apart from his Gege for a few weeks.

"Alright, but you have to promise to call at least once every day and if something goes wrong, you will come back home immediately. You know mother worries for you a lot too." Shen Wei smiled and came to hug his brother before giving him a kiss on his forehead.