Chapter 7

Budum, Budum, Budum

Jugheads heart was ready to jump out of his chest. He couldn't believe his own eyes, His best friend stood in front of him. Bloody and covered in bruises.

Fangs was wearing a grey t-shirt that exposed his arms. Black, blue, and brown bruises littered his skin and a few long scratch marks on his forearms and biceps.

There was a large scrape on his chin and cheek. His eyes were red and puffy, Jughead assumed from crying. But what caught his eye the most was the left shoulder hem all torn up, An open gash with what looked like glass pieces in the wound. Must have been from whatever Jughead heard break earlier.

Nothing that wouldn't heal eventually but it was still a terrifying sight. Fangs was a total wreck.

"J-Jug? W-what are you d-doing here?" His voice trembled.

Jughead snapped out of his trance. "Jesus, Fangs. I was here to talk to you. What the hell happened man?"

"M-my mom is h-having one o-of her b-bad days" Fangs tried to take a step forward but he just ended up stumbling. He would have fallen if Jughead hadn't caught him.

Jughead wrapped his arm around Fangs' waist, pulling Fangs' right arm over his shoulders. Jughead tried to help the shorter male sit down on the doorsteps.

"I'm gonna call my friend Toni, She has a car and we can take you back to my trailer. You're in no condition to ride on my bike." Jughead told him as he dialed her number.

"No!" "What? Why not?" "I d-don't want someone else to see me like this, I don't even know her Juggy."

The sound of his childhood nickname made him soften. "Fangs... She would never look at you as anything less than human because you're like this. It's gonna be okay, okay?" He tried keeping his tone as calm as possible.

Fangs nodded biting his lip. Jughead pressed call.

Ring, Ring, Ring

"Hey, Jug wha-"

"Toni this is urgent. Where are you?"

Fangs couldn't hear her response.

"Okay, Is Sweet Pea with you?"

Who's that Fangs thought Was someone other than Toni coming?

"Did he bring his bike? ... Yeah? Okay, great tell him to go get some of the usual first aid he gets and uhh" Jughead glanced at Fangs' shoulder.

"Tweasers as well ... A friend of mine is badly injured."

Fangs wanted to know what she said back.

"I can't bring him to the hospital for reasons that are personal but I need your help to get him back to my trailer. Toni, you need to get here as soon as possible the address is..."

Fangs couldn't hear the rest of the conversation his eyes were beginning to get heavy. The pain in his shoulder was mind-numbing, It made it impossible for him to think. His vision began to fade out just as he realized Jughead had ended the phone call.

----------

Toni sent Sweet Pea off to get first aid supplies. She got in her car and drove off to the address Jughead gave her. When she got there she saw Jughead with an unconscious brunette in his arms.

She parked behind Jughead's bike and unlocked the back door so that Jughead could bring the unconscious guy into the back seat.

Jughead carried Fangs bridal style, Careful to make sure he didn't accidentally apply pressure to Fangs' bleeding shoulder. He didn't want the glass getting deep into the cut.

"What the hell happened Jughead?" She said as he slid into the back seat. He placed Fangs down, His head in Jugheads lap.

"I- uh" He sighed taking his beanie off to run his hands through his hair.

"Jones he's bleeding on my car seats. I at least deserve to know, why?" She put the car in reverse, Driving off to Jugheads trailer.

"It's his own personal reasons, Toni. I can't just tell you something like that without betraying his trust, Ya know?."

She sighed "Is he involved in something illegal? Is that why he's all beat up like that?"

"No, You aren't harboring a fugitive in your car, Topaz," He said letting out a breathy laugh.

"Good to know I won't be arrested for this." She bit her lip and glanced up at the rearview mirror. Jughead was softly petting the guy's hair. As if trying to comfort the unconscious brunette.

"Jones listen, you don't have to tell me, okay? It's obviously not my place to be asking. The blood on my seats can be washed it's okay," she said jokingly.

He smiled at her. "Thanks, Toni. When he's awake and all patched up, hopefully, he'll talk to me about what happened."

His smile quickly faded "I'm not completely sure what happened myself but a have a hell of a hunch about what might have gone down ."

She nodded. They drove for about 10 minutes before reaching Sunnyside trailer park. She parked up front.

Jughead picked up Fangs bridal style once more and made his way to the trailer home. Toni was one step ahead, she opened the door for them before following them inside.

Toni laid an old blanket on Jugheads bed before he placed Fangs down. Time seemed to move a lot slower than normal as the two waited for Sweet Pea.

After just 5 minutes Jughead began to lose patience.

"Where the hell is he?" He said running his hands through his hair once again.

"Calm down Jug it's only been 5 minutes I'll call him"

Ring, Ring, Ring

"Hey, Sweet Pea, How much longer you gonna be? This is kinda an emergency"

The front door opened. "I'm right here," Sweet Pea said into the phone before hanging up. He smiled at them "So, why did we need these? Did something happen?"

"Yeah, Uh-" Toni was cut off by an agitated Jughead "Took you long enough, Give me the bag." Sweet Pea raised an eyebrow at him "What's your problem, Jones?" None the less he handed over the bag full of bandages, gauze, alcohol, and other medical supplies.

Jughead didn't answer Sweet Pea. He instead made his way to his bedroom to tend to Fangs' wounds. Toni went to the kitchen to make some tea for Fangs when he woke up.

Sweet Pea just stood in the living room dumbfounded. "Should I go help, Jones? Or back off he seems upset" He said to Toni over the kitchen counter.

Toni was going to tell him to back off it was personal until she remembered that the guy who probably needed a hospital and not Jugheads mediocre medical care was the same guy Sweet Pea was trying to sleep with.

When that realization hit her she looked at Sweet Pea all wide-eyed. "That guy..."

"What guy Toni?" He raised an eyebrow. Was he missing something?

"That guy Sweet! He's that guy that keeps bumping into you!" She said before putting the kettle on the stove.

"He's a mess, Sweets. He's bleeding and covered in bruises!"

That's not what she expected her to say, Not at all. "Did something happen is he involved in something shady to end up like that?" His brows furrowed he didn't expect some one so innocent looking to be the type to get involved with illegal activity.

"According to Jug, No. I'm not supposed to tell you this but it's apparently personal. To me, it looks like he's been repeatedly beaten. Some of the bruises' are fresh and others are old " Her voice was low to make sure Jughead couldn't hear her.

"Fuck man, That's bad Tiny."

"Shhhh Shut the hell up, Pea!" She whispers yelled at him.

"Oh shit sorry." He whispered back.

"Anyway, you probably shouldn't barge in there. Jughead might tear you to pieces he's pissed, Like really pissed." 

He nodded. They could only hope for the best as they waited in the living room.