Can't Help Staring

Fran' P.O.V

I get dressed and decide to wear a black skirt and a blue jumper.I decide to straighten my hair and then I put on some light make up and go down for breakfast. Since hardly anybody is there, I go and sit with Diego who is eating by himself.

Diego-Hey, you look nice today.

Fran-Thanks. Mind if I sit?

Diego-Have a seat.

I sit down next to him and he smiles.

Fran-What?

Diego-Nothing, it's just nice to have some company. Are you busy today?

Fran-I actually am helping Leon with this surprise for Vilu's birthday today.

Diego-Oh right. I need to remember to stay away from her today.

Fran-She is over it Diego. You gotta stop beating yourself up about it. She has moved on and so should you.

I put my hand on his and give him a reassuring smile before I hear Cami's voice and I instantly pull away.

Fran-Gotta go.

I get up and go sit with her.

Cami-Were you holding hands with Diego?

Fran-No! No! I was just...admiring his watch!

Cami-OK but it looked like...

Fran-Drop it!

Cami-Sheesh fine...

We sit there silently for a while before she goes up to get some food. I exchange a few glances with Diego before Marco walks over to me and kisses me on the cheek making Diego turn around and me frown on the inside while the outside had a big fake smile plastered on it.

Fran-Hi my love.

Marco-Morning. Sleep ok?

Fran-Yeah.

He then walks over to Diego and sits with him. I stare longingly at Diego for him to turn around and smile at me but he doesn't and Cami interrupts me from my thoughts.

Cami-Wow! You like to stare at him a lot!

Fran-What?! Who? What?

Cami-Marco.Who else?

Fran-Right...Marco...

Just then Leon and Violetta walk in together hand in hand and he gets down on one knee and serenades her.

Why can't Diego do that to me? Did I say Diego? I totally meant Marco. Who am I kidding?

When Leon finishes singing, he kisses her and then we all go up to Vilu and wish her a happy birthday.

Fran-Happy birthday Vilu!

I give her a big hug as she smiles.

(2 Hours Later)

Vilu-I know that he is cheating on me Fran! He snuck out of my birthday to be with ...her.

Fran-There is no her. Can we just go now?

Vilu-Look there he is!

She drags me behind a statue to spy on Leon and we both see him holding a bouquet of flowers and he gets into a taxi.

Vilu-Hurry up!

Fran-To do what?

Vilu-We are following him in a cab!

Fran-Fine but you are paying!

We climb inside a cab and Vilu tells the cab driver to follow Leon's. If only she knew what he had in store for her!

After 10 minutes, we climb out and she runs over to Leon talking to a girl in uniform.

Vilu-So you snuck out for a secret date with your mistress?

Leon-Violetta please...

Vilu-I am not going to......

Leon-Happy birthday my love.

He hands her the flowers and she looks surprised as she takes them from him.

Vilu-These are for me? Aww Leo-Wait! This doesn't explain what she is doing here.

Carmen-I am not sure what is going on here but it's ready for you Leon.

Leon-Thank you.

Carmen walks off and stands next to me.

Carmen-So is she the jealous type then?

Fran-You have no idea...

We laugh as we watch Leon and Vilu.

Vilu-What's ready?

Leon-You will have to see.

He picks her up bridal style and they walk off and I sigh. I wish that someone would do that for me. Last year, Marco got me a pizza. A pizza right? He said because I was Italian it was funny but I wasn't laughing. But he has changed now...I look up and see Violetta and Leon in the hot air balloon and I sigh.

?-What's wrong?

I turn around to see Diego.

Fran-What are you doing here?

Diego-Leon asked me to come. To make sure that things went to plan and I thought that it was the least that I could do.

Fran-So when you asked if I was busy...

Diego-Yeah.

Fran-It's so cute isn't it? That he would go threw all this to give her the perfect moment on her birthday.

Diego-Yeah.

Carmen-Guys!

We see Carmen running towards us in a panicked voice.

Fran-What's wrong?

Carmen-The balloon is going in the wrong way and will fall out of the sky!

Fran-I gotta tell Vilu!

Diego-I'll call the others.

(1 Hour Later)

Fran-Violetta! Leon!

Diego-They obviously aren't here.

Fran-Well they might have crashed around here.

Diego-I doubt it.

Fran-I'm calling them.

We pass some rocks in a lake as I begin to dial Vilu's number. Diego jumps across and reaches out his arms for me.

Fran-I can do it myself.

I try to jump but I slip. Diego rushes to catch me and as he does so, he knocks my phone right out fo my hands.I groan in frustration as he lifts me up and brings me to the grass.

Diego-Sorry about your phone.

Fran-I had 6 months left. But forget it. My clothes!

My clothes were soaking wet but as I turned to see Diego's, they were a lot wetter then mine. I mean he did jump in the river to catch me and suddenly I felt bad about complaining.

Fran-Thanks..for saving me.

Diego-I would do it again.

He begins un-buttoning his shirt and I instantly turn away.

Fran-What are you doing?!

Diego-Wringing out my shirt, it's soaking.

I turn around and see him wringing the water out and I can't help but stare at him. He notices and grins.

Diego-Francesca,you are blushing again...

I turn around quickly.

Fran-Just hurry up so we can start looking again.

I start walking off and I can hear him laughing behind me.