01 - summer

as the wind grew stronger and the birds chirped louder, the school bell started ringing, meaning that indeed school was officially over.

joan rushed to pick up her bag and finally she ran outside. just when she did, a huge crowd of students crowded over her.

stumbling and stepped on, she tried to pick herself up from the chaos. but it was too late, she saw a figure she hoped she would never see, a person she would not ever want to associate with.

henry bowers

anxiously, she began to speedwalk through the doors of the school. shaking with fear, she grabbed the door handle but.... it seemed like henry had other plans.

with speed she ran out of the doors, hoping to never return.

the crowd of students who seemed to have ran all over the place had then surprisingly lessen.

just as she was about to take out her camera, she felt someone hitting her back from behind.

"move over, loser," said henry.

scared, she quickly did so. not even hoping to look at his face again.

but as she tried to take her bike, she saw bowers throwing an object of what seemed to be a hat. not an ordinary hat perhaps. but it was a kippah. she only knew one person who was jewish from the whole school and  it was stanley uris. stanley had always been her close friend since kindergarden. that is... until he left her because he said she was a "slut" to her and .... many, many other people.

but joan did not care for the past, for she thought that the present was to be thought of , nothing else.

joan sped up to henry bowers , scared, but angry.

"bowers, leave them alone," she stated.

henry simply raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"oh really? whatchu gonna do about it , slut?"

"henry, don't make me do this."

" or what? you slutty fucker."

angry, joan then flew her fist to his face, causing a bloody nose and a scar.

with that, henry and his goons ran away from her before shouting," you asshole woman!"

joan ignored him or everything he just said. she then continued to walk away, before she heard someone calling her name.

"hi, uhm,j-j-joan right? i'm b-b-bill d-denbrough. thanks for that," he said , half-smiling.

joan simply stared, not wanting to really talk to any of them, instead she just nodded.

"yeah, what you did was pretty badass," said a boy with big glasses blankly, as if he just made a mistake.

they then just stood their awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

her eyes met his, and it felt so reminisive. she missed how they would hang out and have sleepovers, how they would often do homework together. she missed everything about them being friends truly. she just did not have the courage to say it.

"i should go," she muttered.

but again, bill decided to say something.

"h-hey...ugh,joan? i was wondering if like y-y-you wanted to c-come with us to the b-barrens? to e-explore...?", he asked.

the boys basically gave him a death glare, knowing that girls should not join them. especially girls like "her".

joan thought of it for a while then finally answered.

"i-uh, okay," she said.

"oh, uh, ok, you can just follow us with you  bike now," he said.

●   TIME JUMP •

"ew,thats greywater!"

"what's greywater?"

"it's basically piss and shit! so i'm just telling you-"

"doesnt smell like caca to me senõr!"

"ew what the fuck richie-"

"do you use the same bathroom as your mother?"

"sometimes yes."

"well then you probably have crabs."

"what the fuck? eh, my mom will have an anuerysm if she finds out i've been here!"

bored out of her will, joan started dazily view the the waterfall near the barrens when she saw it.

she saw what seemed to be a clown with sharp teeth...holding a balloon and muttering words like , "you'll float too, here joan, you'll float just like all the little whores".

Slowly, she felt as if the clown was nearer to her and the voices grew louder.... until ....

she stumbled backwards to.. stanley uris. they both glanced at each other, before returning to their normal position.

"So, how's fucking bowers?", he asked.

"stanley," she said.

"we all know you fucked," he said.

"stanley that is not true! i would never dare to do that!"she shouted.

tired and sleepy, joan grew sick of it.
she then went to bill who was busy doing something.

"Bill.. can i inquire something?", she asked.

"s-sure," he said , not sure of what the word meant.

"what exactly, are we doing here?", she asked.

"i-i'm trying to find my lost b-brother.. he m-must be here," he said.

"ok bill," she said.

"y-you know, you n-never got to actually know our names right?" he asked then laughed.

"yeah, well i'll just go," she said uninterestedly.

"oh, ok...bye," bill said.

as she went away, the losers continued plans of their own.

"you know shouldn't talk to her right?", stan asked.

bill simply nodded.