Chapter 1/ Prologue

Landon's POV:

I was sleeping peacefully when my mum shook me awake frantically. 

"Landon! Wake up, Landon! wake up!" she shouted. "We have to go!" At this I was wide awake. My mother was usually a very calm person, who almost never lost her cool. So seeing her in such destress could only mean one thing, they found us. I jumped out of bed and pulled on clothes and put some things in a backpack. 

My mum had left to wake up my little sister in her room. When I walked out of my room I saw my parents. Mum holding a bundle of blankets, AKA my little sister Harmonie. Harmonie was falling back asleep on her shoulder.

We ran outside into the woods. My mum gave me Harmonie, that was when I saw the tears running down her face. Dad stood next to her with his arm around her waist, there rolled a lonely tear down his face. Harmonie put her head on my shoulder and fell back asleep. My parents were holding hands and gave each other a look of understanding, acceptance. 

"Landon, you have to run. Keep Harmonie safe." She told me. My sleeping baby sister, she's 2,  cuddled closer to my warmth. 

"W-where are you go-ing, mum, dad?" I asked, my voice small. I was 14 and was scared out of my mind. Tears fell from my eyes and rolled down my face. I had seen what these people who are after us could do. Before we lived here they burned down our whole town just to get to us. I didn't want anything to happen to my parents.

"Baby, you have to go, now. Keep your sister safe, we'll be fine. Remember what we learned you." my dad said and they both huggend us and pressed a loving kiss to our foreheads. That was the last time I saw my parents. 

I ran and ran and ran as hard and fast as my legs could carry me, with tears streaming down my face. Harmonie stayed sound asleep. When I couldn't run anymore I hid inside a hollow tree with Harmonie. I held her close to me. 

That was when I heard it. Screaming. The painful, heartshattering screaming of my parents back at our small house. I cried harder but stayed quiet when I heard footsteps running past my hidingplace. I saw that it were about 10 guys all wearing black clothes and masks.

It's okay Landon, we'll get through this. We are strong. A voice in my head said and I felt reassured.

"Thank you, Orion" I mumbled, softly. When they were gone I hugged Harmonie closer and fell asleep. 

The next morning we went back to the house, mostly to get some clothes and stuff. When we got there I saw the house burned down. Harmonie opened her eyes slowly and blinked because of the bright sunlight. She noticed I was upset and tears filled her big crystal blue eyes. 

Chapte"Shhh shh, Harmonie it's okay." I tried to calm her down by smiling at her and bouncing her on my hip. But tears kept escaping her beautiful eyes. She started crying just because she felt  I was upset. She probably didn't even realise what happened. 

"M-m-mamaaaaaa!" she cried loudly. I tried to shush her but she wouldn't stop crying. Shit if she doesn't stop they'll certainly hear us. I grabbed my backpack from last night from the ground and started running again. 

Okay, there should be a town right about... here. We arrived at a road that led to the town. I bounced Harmonie some more on my hip and smiled at her. Her tears soon changed into a bright smile and  two little dimples that appeared on her cheeks. She giggled a bit and hugged me closer. She's an adorable two year old, I hope she stays like that forever. Adorable and innocent.

I took her into the town where a lot of people were walking around us. This way the hunters (as I assume those men are) would have a harder time locating us. With the hundreds of people and there are in a town like this it would be hard to locate the two of us, I hope.