Chapter 37

His stomach knotting up inside of him, Kimmon tried his best to stifle his ever-growing anxiety.  But, as the silence in the air dragged on, he couldn't stop the waves of panic from continually tensing every muscle in his body.  

He had finally let it all out.  A confession that had been pent up in his heart for the past several months.  Words that didn't fully capture all his insufferable longing for the breathtaking person standing in front of his eyes right now.  All those infinite moments of heartache that he would gladly experience over and over again as long as it meant that he could have him by his side.  And, now that Kimmon completely exposed himself, he had to deal with the resulting consequences.  No matter how agonizing they turned out to be.

Bracing himself for the absolute worst, Kimmon let his nervous eyes roam over Copter's face.  To his surprised relief though, other than the endless silence, Copter didn't seem to be conveying any negative emotions.  The junior just looked altogether stunned, with his mouth slightly hung open and his naturally milky skin appearing paler than usual. 

Unable to tolerate the suffocating quiet any longer, Kimmon hesitantly parted his lips.  "I know this is all a bit sudden.  And I wasn't expecting to hear an answer from you right now."

He paused for a brief moment, checking to see if his words elicited any other kind of reaction from Copter.  There was no change.  After drawing in a quick breath, Kimmon continued on.       

"I just wanted to let you know.  So that I can properly court you.  Not under some pretense of being your fake boyfriend, but as someone who's been in love with you for a long while now."

At Kimmon's last declaration, Copter's eyes stretched impossibly wider than they already were, but he still didn't say anything.  

Kimmon eventually let out a small smile, feeling some of his earlier worry gradually subside.  Although Copter remained dead silent, it didn't seem that the junior was going to reject him outright now.  And that was more than enough for Kimmon.

"Should we go home now?" Kimmon asked after a while, not wanting to burden the junior anymore tonight.  "Copter?"

Upon hearing the gentle call of his name, Copter visibly flinched.  He subsequently gave a hurried nod to Kimmon before dropping his eyes to the ground.  

With that, the two of them wordlessly walked side by side together, back to where Kimmon's car was parked.  As they made their way out of the park, Kimmon chanced furtive glances at Copter, who kept his gaze fixed down on the sidewalk and looked like he was lost in thought.  Kimmon swallowed back a helpless sigh.  What he would give to know what was going on inside that beautiful head of his right now.  

When they approached the night market, Kimmon couldn't help himself and took one final risk for the evening.  Without warning, he whipped around and stood right in front of Copter, blocking the junior's way forward.  Startled at Kimmon's sudden movement, Copter snapped his head back up and gaped at the senior with enlarged eyes.  Smiling brightly, Kimmon promptly held out his hand towards him.