Izumi Meets Kenta

Izumi's POV

"Naruto, have you calmed down yet?" Kakashi Sensei asked the blond who only panted in response.

I gave him a sour face as two people landed behind us, "Ah, there you are!" I greeted Sakura and Granny Chiyo," You had me worried for a bit there..."

"Yeah, we finally caught up." Sakura agreed as she walked towards the three of us, "What happened?" She asked suddenly causing me to look down at my arms. They were covered in burns probably a combination of injuries from Deidara's attacks and Naruto's chakra cloak.

"I guess I got a bit reckless?" I shrugged. The traces of chakra from the seven-tails along with my wings had faded not long before she had arrived, "Don't worry too much, I'll mend."

"You found this place quite well..." Kakashi Sensei noted at the two's arrival.

"We saw where the enemy was flying before." Sakura responded quickly taking her attention from my injuries for a moment.

"You are still... Having trouble here it seems..." Lady Chiyo muttered softly.

"Sakura..." Naruto smiled weakly, "The two of you did it..."

"Yes... More importantly..." Lady Chiyo looked unbelievably weak herself, "What of Gaara?" I could see my blond comrade twitch slightly as his clones held up the Kazekage's limp body, "Alright..."

"Well done, Neji." Team Guy appeared suddenly giving all of us a shock as they ambushed Deidara.

"Everyone, watch out!!!" Kakashi Sensei called out urgently, "That person's a long-distance type who attacks with explosions!"

Team Guy came to a halt as the Akatsuki member spat out the kunai that had been in his mouth only to gulp down a large mass of his own clay before his body started to bulge out like an over-filled balloon, "Take a look at my ultimate work of art..." he raved as a crazed expression stretched across his face, "Art is a bang!"

"Everyone, hurry, get away from here!!!" Neji yelled after analyzing the technique

Sakura's POV

We came to a vacant and field and set Gaara to the ground. I tried my best to heal him, but it was no use. The red-haired boy had already been gone for quite some time. With my hands to the boy's chest and my eyes closed I shook my head sorrowfully. There was nothing I could do. Everyone wore somber expressions as I wearily rose to my feet. Even after all the fighting and work we put in... Gaara was dead.

Naruto shook before tears started to stream down his face as Izumi gave him an empathetic look as her own eyes grew moist, "...Why was Gaara... Always Gaara...?" he slurred through his sadness, "To die like this...! He's the Kazekage... He didn't just become Kazekage..."

"Relax... Naruto Uzumaki..." Lady Chiyo urged gently.

"Shut up!!!" Naruto shouted earning a slight wince from Izumi, but she kept silent. Now wasn't the time. And, Lady Chiyo took on a shocked silence as the blond continued, "If you shinobi of the sand hadn't put a monster in Gaara, then nothing like this would've happened!!! Did any of you even try to ask Gaara how he felt?!? What is this jinchuriki anyway?!? You just arrogantly made up that word to call them!!!" No one dared to interrupt him even as the tears inhibited his words for a moment, "I couldn't save Sasuke... And I couldn't save Gaara... For three years I trained desperately... But nothings changed since three years ago, has it...?"

Without warning Lady Chiyo was on the ground next to Gaara her hands glowing intensely as she worked, "Lady Chiyo, that jutsu!!" The woman ignored me as she continued at her task.