Izumi and New Thoughts

Izumi's POV

There was silence before Captain Yamato spoke up, "Once my clone's ready we're going."

The three of us gave a jolt as a barrage kunai burst toward us causing as the leap away from the bound dark-haired boy as a familiar silver-haired man stood between us, "Sai... Judging from your situation..." Kabuto breathed as he landed, "I suppose this means you were captured." Sai was silent as the man stooped over him, "Since it doesn't seem that you've betrayed us... I'll trust you for now." Kabuto slashed away Sai's wooden bindings with his blue coated hands.

Sakura gave a hiss as she grimaced as she glared at the man before us, "This guy just doesn't give up...!"

"If you two are going to stand in my way..." Naruto was also glaring as his clones prepared a rasengan on the rock face above Kabuto, "Then, I'm not going to hold back!" The clones lunged for our opponents, but it was easily brushed away by the man.

"So pointless..." Kabuto grunted.

Naruto gave a growl lurching toward his opponent, "Fights aren't decided until the end, and we're just getting started!" He snarled.

"No... No... That's not what I'm talking about..." Kabuto gave a taunt and a smirk, "People change and Sasuke is no longer the Sasuke you used to know." With barely a change in expression Sai latched his arms around Kabuto's shoulders and our eyes widened as well, "What the?!" The silver-haired man yelped out, "What are you doing?"

"You say people change." Sai explained simply, "And, here I am." The man in his arms turned his face trying to understand the boy holding onto him, "...But there are also things that don't change..." Naruto looked at the dark-haired boy almost in awe, "Bonds... I want to see what they're really made of..."

"Sai!" Captain Yamato gave a shout, "Just keep him still like that." The man was left bound in wood just as Sai had been before leaving a wood clone in his acquaintance.

Naruto looked toward the dark-haired, "Sai, why did you...?"

"Why is it that you place so much value in the bonds between you and Sasuke? What exactly are those bonds you speak of?" Sai questioned Naruto in response, "I decided I need to know the answer to these questions myself..." Sakura looked on as well clearly curious, "According to the two of you... I've been unable to get rid of the bonds that formed between my brother and I." He seemed almost happy as he related this information to the lot of us, "If those bonds are important to me, then I might be able to figure something out if I see the bonds between you and Sasuke... That's all..."

What am I doing...? My head fell to my palms as I thought everything over, since when have I been letting my emotions affect me so much? I'm a mess... I looked up at the dark-haired boy. He was really more interesting than I gave him credit for, He's trying to change himself and yet I...

. . .

We were back in the hideout. It was the four of us this time, "We'll split into two teams to search for Sasuke." Captain Yamato put in as we prepared to depart, "Sakura, Izumi, and I will form one and Naruto and Sai will form the other." I slowly raised my hands a sudden surge of conviction filling my eyes, "Yes, Izumi."

"Sorry, Sensei, I'll have to disagree a bit there." I almost swallowed as my fist clenched at my side, "There's a lot I need to think about at the moment, and..." My hand came to rest upon the two boy's shoulders, "I think I'll be able to think best around these two." There was a short silence as my eyes met Captain Yamato's once more, "You shouldn't worry too much... I think it would be best that I take some proper time off once we get back to the village. I need time not only to think, but to refresh myself a little on my purpose."

The man looked at me moment not speaking, "Alright." He eventually replied apparently trusting what I had in mind, "If something comes up, focus your chakra. That will be more than enough to produce a reaction in the seeds I have in your bodies. I'll be there at a moment's notice.