finley

FINLEY narrowed her eyes at the junkie, but did not comment on his appearance.

"Who might I be graced with the presence of?" Finley smirked. "I'm sorry, mama just sold the house with the sex couch, you'll have to make do with my shabby bed."

"As appealing as that sounds, I'm only wondering what's happened in your life to make you let out such awful profanity," he countered, smirking as well as he mimicked a stereotypical English accent.

She grinned at the competition. Most people were so mind-numbingly stupid these days, but not this druggie.

"Well, my love, it does appear that I could have escaped a childhood of neglect had my mother not cared so deeply about not tarnishing her reputation, as a Sir Reginald Hargreeves apparently made her an offer for yours truly," she explained.

He shook his head, and stuck out a hand. "Childhood of neglect either way. Klaus Kargreeves."

She shook it. "Finley Stephens."

"Oh God," he said, "you're the daughter of that Lois Stephens lady, aren't you?"

"Yup," she sighed.

"Well, do you wanna come back to the Academy with me? Cool powers and all that shit," he offered.

"Sure, I'll come to your daddy's funeral," she smirked.

That was how Finley found herself following a junkie into the large and old house of a dead man.

"Come with me, I wanna raid Reggie's office," Klaus proposed, "c'mon, I want an early start on my inheritance."

"I don't blame you," she laughed, "I've been trying to win over mom's favour for the past few months."

"My mom is a robot," Klaus said randomly. "God, I need some-"

He cut himself off by biting into a bar of chocolate. Finley suspected that it wasn't just milk, sugar and cocoa butter in that bar.

He let out a sigh of relief. "Let's go!"

She rolled her eyes. She wasn't a model citizen, per se, but she had only ever given in to the temptation of any form of illegal drug in crowded areas, and had not allowed herself to consume any more once away from the people. Their thoughts screamed out to her, a particularly terrifying thing in a quiet classroom of hormonal teenagers. She would wait to see if Klaus had an excuse, however. She wasn't the only one with superpowers anymore.